Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cant access sky anytime +

This is a discussion on Cant access sky anytime + within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi I had my sky broadband activated today, and have spent most of the day trying to get anytime plus ...

mollie38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cant access sky anytime +

Hi

I had my sky broadband activated today, and have spent most of the day trying to get anytime plus to work . I have the computer at the other end of the room so I bought an ethernet adapter to plug into the sky box, but am unable to get it to work all i can get is the anytime, I have checked the forum and tried several of the useful hints but to no avail. When I went on the sky box to check my settings on the network it said

local connection fail
      service connection fail
      ip address 0000
      dhcp off

Could someone please tell me what I have to do to get it to work.

Do I need a micro filter by the sky box because there is only the phone connection at that end of the room

Kind Regards
      Mary

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Cant access sky anytime +

There are a few things which you need to do before you can get Anytime+ on the Sky+ STB. Firstly, since you are getting the Network Tab, it appears that you do not have the Thomson STB.

Next you need to visit your 'My Sky' page on the Sky website. Check through your package and ensure that Anytime+ has been both ordered & enabled. If you have ordered it, it may take a couple of days to be enabled.

Have you connected an Ethernet lead to the Sky router. although it shouldn't technically matter which port you use on the router, it may help yo use the port with the green markings. This port is optimised for the Sky+ HD STB.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi Scubbie

Many thanks for your speedy response I have the Sky hd box how will I know if it is the Thomson . I have been on the my sky page and my anytime plus has already been activated , when plugging the ethernet into the router to be honest with you I just plugged it into anyone but as it happens I did happen to plug it into the green one, wont I be able to access anytime plus if I don't have a thomson box

Thanks

The actual model number of the STB is on a label at the rear of the box. The current ones also have 'Sky 3D' on the front, these are either the Amstrad DRX890 or DRX895.

The Thomson STB is an older model and will never support Anytime+.

Since you have been able to enable Anytime+ on-line, then it may take a few days for the service to become enabled on the STB.

Since you have plugged the STB into the router, does the corresponding LED on the front indicate that the cable is plugged in?

Exchange:
      Thanks

Yes it has 3d anytime plus on the front. I have 4 green lights on the front of the route think one is the power button 1, I think is wireless the other one is a @ sign and the one at the bottom is a number 4.

Sorry I am not very technical, it's just husband is in hospital and he usually does it for me so I would like to try and get it all set up for him for when he comes home.

I was just a bit worried when on the network it wasn't showing the ip address and the internet connection said fail.

Thanks

No problem Mollie.

You have everything in place. I'm not 100% sure which port number the green one is, but is you unplug it, the LED will quickly go out.

Plug it back in again and leave it there.

It has been known for Anytime+ to take a few days to be enabled on a new broadband installation, so don't worry just yet. From what you have described, you appear to have done everything correctly.

Another thing that you could do would be to see if you have the old style-Anytime menu or the new-Style Anytime/Showcase menu. Using your remote control, press the following buttons:

<TV Guide> <Red>

If you see 'Showcase' listed and images of any content, then all is absolutely fine. If the 'Showcase' content is empty, press the <Right> button to see if you get any images for the other pages.

If you do not see the word 'Showcase' in the Anytime listings, then Anytime+ has not yet been enabled.

I hope that your Husband recovers enough to return home for you soon.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Good Morning

I still only have the sky anytime, have done what you asked and all the other channels are just the same

Thanks

Just to check the Network connection on the Sky+ HD STB, could you do the following please:

Using your remote control press the following buttons

<Services> <Right> <Down> 6 <Down>

This should now have selected the 'Network' tab and the contents of it. There should now be an option to allow you to 'Reset' the connection. Can you press the <Red> button to reset it please?

This should now confirm that at least the local connection is working.

If this doesn't work, could you try the following:

Press the <Green> button to manually configure the settings. If you can punch in the following details, things should work:

IP Address: 192.168.0.240
      Subnet: 255.255.255.0
      Gateway Router: 192.168.0.1
      DNS: 90.207.238.97

Press the <Green> button to save the settings.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Ooh Halfway there I think I have just been told by my son in law that my windows 7 is not wireless will that have anything to do with it he has told me to go and get a wireless usb network adapter

Local connection says OK

service connection FAIL

ip address is there OK

DHCP OFF

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Make sure the ethernet plug is fully inserted into the HD box and the router. Put your box into Standby, then switch it completely off. Wait a minute then switch the power on again, wait a minute then press the Sky button. Check the network settings. see if the Service Connection is OK.

If this fails, you may have to wait a couple of days until it is fully enabled by Sky.

Your PC has nothing to do with Anytime+, if you want to make it wireless, buy a USB wireless adapter as your son suggests.

Remember your HD box's phone connection must be plugged into a filter. The thing the TV installers supply is a splitter not a filter. This has nothing to do with Anytime+ but plugging in without a filter will badly effect your broadband.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 29-01-12, 01:37 PM