Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime+ and other Broadband Providers ?

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime+ and other Broadband Providers ? within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi Folks, I have recently had Sky+HD installed and was looking at the Sky Anytime+ service........ I appear to have ...

k3nw00d is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Anytime+ and other Broadband Providers ?

Hi Folks,

I have recently had Sky+HD installed and was looking at the Sky Anytime+ service........

I appear to have the service activated as there are films / programmes available to watch, however, I have not plugged it into a Broadband connection, how is this working?

Also, I have NOW just plugged the Sky+HD box into my Home Network (via Homeplugs), what if any difference should I see ?? (My Broadband is with TalkTalk and not Sky, not sure if this makes a difference)

Cheers very much in advance.

Andy

2. Advertisement
      indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime+ and other Broadband Providers ?

Anytime+ is not available to Talk Talk Broadband customers. it is only available to Sky Unlimited or Everyday Lite broadband customers

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

You will just be seeing the standard Sky Anytime service which is available to everyone.

The way to tell which Anytime service you have is to browse to the 'Anytime' menu. If you just see a list of programs (set out the same way as the TV guide), this is just the standard Anytime service. The Anytime+ service is set out differently as it shows 5 large boxes across the screen with pictures of the actual programs available in each box.

Having your Sky HD box plugged into your network will not make any difference if you are not on Sky broadband.

If you browse the Service menu, then select 'Settings' then browse to the 'Network' tab, next to 'Service Connection' you should see something like 'fail'. This will only show as 'OK' if the box detects a Sky broadband connection.

k3nw00d is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James_Mitchell View Post
      You will just be seeing the standard Sky Anytime service which is available to everyone.

The way to tell which Anytime service you have is to browse to the 'Anytime' menu. If you just see a list of programs (set out the same way as the TV guide), this is just the standard Anytime service. The Anytime+ service is set out differently as it shows 5 large boxes across the screen with pictures of the actual programs available in each box.

Having your Sky HD box plugged into your network will not make any difference if you are not on Sky broadband.

If you browse the Service menu, then select 'Settings' then browse to the 'Network' tab, next to 'Service Connection' you should see something like 'fail'. This will only show as 'OK' if the box detects a Sky broadband connection.
      Hiya,

Cheers for the above, Yeah, I only have the normal service.

Through Sky Broadband, the Anytime+ Service must pick up on fact you will have a Sky IP Address as opposed to "other" Broadband providers, that coupled with the fact that you would be going through Sky Infrastructure.

Guess I will just stick to the normal service in the meantime.

Cheers again

Andy