Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

anytime+ not working

This is a discussion on anytime+ not working within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Originally Posted by Isitme I think I would call Sky and tell them you borrowed your next door neighbour's router ...

imdag2 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LNUPK
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1Tb
      Thanks

Re: anytime+ not working

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I think I would call Sky and tell them you borrowed your next door neighbour's router and Anytime+ works, so instead of an 'engineer' could they send you another router. This way you have kept them in the picture so they will have no reason to charge you even if the engineer' turns up. If the new router does not cure it and the 'engineer' does not come, you can restart the process.
      what about if they say they will have to charge me?
      seems pretty stupid as we already pay for the product but if we aint getting what we pay for, someone is not keeping up their half of the deal.

FTTC Connection: download:40,000. upload:10,000. 5ms ping
      ADSL Speed:
      Connection Speed 18013 kbps 1087 kbps 16db 7db attenuation7db 7db noise
      Download: 15351 Kbit/s
      Upload : 957 kbit/s
      Connects : 2891 conn/min Ping: 19 ms

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Anytime+ is a free product to those who can receive it.

However following the comments of another member recently, I would still let the Engineer arrive and install a new router for you.

In the case of the other member, they were having problems with their own router (non-Sky). Whenever they use it, after a few days the Anytime+ service becomes unavailable. They have to reconnect the Sky router temporarily and all is then well again for a few days.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Anytime+ is a free product to those who can receive it.
      and yes i knew it was a free additon. lol you say its free, yet only people who pay for sky bb can get it on the STB, i understand it works on skygo, but its the principle.

its like when you go to a resturant, u pay for the food but u dont pay for the plates you eat on, its part of the deal for eating there

ADSL Speed:

Thanks

It is an additional service for which people who are connected to Sky's LLU Broadband packages do not have to pay.

Sky BB Connect customers pay more for the broadband and cannot receive Anytime+.

Anyone on Virgin, BT Infinity, TalkTalk, Be or O2 cannot receive Anytime+.

However if you want to view any Box Office content available through the Anytime+ content, then you do have to pay for individual content.

As for the use of the plates at the restaurant, are you saying that you take them with you? If you go to Little Chef and take their plates away, then that is theft.

However you are paying towards the cost of replacing a small percentage that are lost through breakage and towards the cleaning of the rest. You are also paying towards the cost someone cleaning the tables.

When Anytime+ was introduced this time last year, there was no subsequent increase in subscriptions for BB or TV packages at the same time.

Line rental has since gone up. For those who were with Sky TV before September, their prices have remained the same.

So yes: Anytime+ is free.

Now the fact that it is not working properly in your case is important. Now that you have been able to identify a possible cause (i.e. the router) it does highlight the fact that all is not well with the service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      It is an additional service for which people who are connected to Sky's LLU Broadband packages do not have to pay.

Sky BB Connect customers pay more for the broadband and cannot receive Anytime+.

Anyone on Virgin, BT Infinity, TalkTalk, Be or O2 cannot receive Anytime+.

However if you want to view any Box Office content available through the Anytime+ content, then you do have to pay for individual content.

As for the use of the plates at the restaurant, are you saying that you take them with you? If you go to Little Chef and take their plates away, then that is theft.

However you are paying towards the cost of replacing a small percentage that are lost through breakage and towards the cleaning of the rest. You are also paying towards the cost someone cleaning the tables.

When Anytime+ was introduced this time last year, there was no subsequent increase in subscriptions for BB or TV packages at the same time.

Line rental has since gone up. For those who were with Sky TV before September, their prices have remained the same.

So yes: Anytime+ is free.

Now the fact that it is not working properly in your case is important. Now that you have been able to identify a possible cause (i.e. the router) it does highlight the fact that all is not well with the service.
      damit smart ass
      but yes i understand all this, it just seems a shame that i cannot get the additonal product for being a loyal customer. (lol i know people have had sky for years and dont get the addition but thats their choice)
      yes i think ill just wait and see (hopefuly anytime+ will mess around again and ill have prove it dont work, if not ill just explain to the engineer, its not like im lieing, i went thought all the steps on with c/s it is also recorded so not like i planned for this to happen. it just did.

ADSL Speed:

Thanks

No problem

I would not be surprised if you loose the Anytime+ with your current router in a few days either, which is why I mentioned the other member's problems. This is provided that the cause is the router of course.

Thanks

well i did mention to cs that iv had the router since 2008 and that iv recntly be having problems with the router dieing and needing restarting and she was like there is nothing i can do unless you pay for a replacement, i geuss now i have a legitimate reason to get one FOC, if not ill have to pay :S

ADSL Speed:

Thanks

Well hopefully you'll be supplied a nice new router. Unfortunately it is unlikely to be the Sagem 2504N. This is still chargeable at 35.

However if they insist that you pay 28 for a replacement router, then I would suggest that you consider the Sagem 2504N as this is a WiFi n router.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I think Scubbie missed the point that it was the STB that was going to be replaced by the 'engineer', not the router. This could be a nuisance especially if you have recordings you don't want to loose. A new router would only be supplied if the STB replacement failed to cure the problem. As for paying for a new router, if they offered to replace it, I don't think you will be charged. It is a pity the offer was not made in writing though, Sky have a habit of going back on promises like this, it just depends on who you get when you phone. .

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I am aware that the service engineer is likely to target the Sky+ HD STB first.

I am hoping that he/she will talk with the customer first and look at the router if there is a spare one available in the van. However i am not aware if they carry spare routers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123