Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Why no Anytime +

This is a discussion on Why no Anytime + within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; New 1 gig box, lots of sky packages, Anytime but no Anytime plus. My ADSL router is a Draytek 2820 ...

thamesman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Draytek
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Why no Anytime +

New 1 gig box, lots of sky packages, Anytime but no Anytime plus. My ADSL router is a Draytek 2820 vn very stable and my provider is Utilities Warehouse via Talktalk.. Great speed and no issues with stability.
      Have connected up via Cat5 my Draytek and the Anytime Plus sees it but doesn't give me the connection and the vast array of Anytime plus content. I understand there is a hack of sorts out there that will allow me to get the content via my router settings and the DHCP window on the Sky box settings section.
      I don't want Sky BB as they don't really want to give the consumer a fair deal. (I get a far better deal with my current ISP.)
      For example.... I asked what sport channel the rugby would be on this year and as I don't want all the sports channels and I don't want to pay for those I don't want.
      Unbelievably I was told by a sky opo in Kircaldy or wherever it, was is that they deliberately change the channel so that in order to have consistency and you as a subscriber and not wanting to miss an event or game, you have to take all the sport packages and they get the full revenue.
      So I don't want BB but I want my Anytime Plus through my router on my terms with my provider.

What is the answer.
      Cheers

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks

Re: Why no Anytime +

At present Anytime+ is only available with Sky Base or Sky Unlimited BB. It is not available with Sky Connect or anyother ISP.

Sky have been testing with other ISPs, but there is no date when they will make it more widely available.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I don't want Sky BB as they don't really want to give the consumer a fair deal.
      Truly unlimited download, with no FUP, up to 20Mb broadband for as little as 7.50 a month, what's not fair about that?

If you can only get Connect, fair enough, you are better off without it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

thamesman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0161
      Router: Draytek
      Thanks

My decision is based on a few factors. Utilities warehouse provides me with the following:

1st service....
      Electric at 0.14p at high rate, Low rate 0.4.25p low rate. (Average use around 100 pm)

2nd service...
      1 mobile sim card 10 pm

3rd & 4th sevice......
      Broadband 40g max limit and free land line phone calls 24/7 ...19.99
      The breakdown for the above is BB 9 pm and 10.99 free calls.
      I also have a Cashback card which further reduce my bills.
      Can also call 12 countries free of charge, which I do (mainly Spain)
      By having the 4 services this qualifies me for the 24/7 free land calls.

The other main factor is that if I am not happy with the service there is no Penalty to change provider. Over the years I have been with BT and others and found that if I want to move they have me by the balls. What saving I may have made is cancelled out by changing provider. To give me the best time scale to asses the various offers out there, is the reason why I changed to UW in September 2010. I am still with them so far as I cant find a beating offer.

I looked at the sky offers that are available but after doing the maths found I would be worse off.
      The tempting 6 month reduced offer, the revert to standard tariff after the cheap period then a lock in + penalties didn't stack up.
      Another factor was that 'unlimited BB' as the bonus was irrelevant, as you have to go some to use that up. OK if you are a gamer or into mega downloading but in my case this is not the case.

Of course I would like to have all of sky's offers bundled and reduce my paperwork etc, but these introductory offers that revert at 6 months just put you back to square one.

Cheers

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

The beauty of having a free market is that different companies can offer different packages to attract different groups of people.

No one package is going to suit everyone.

When people ask which ISP is the best, I purposefully refrain from suggesting Company A is the best as I know that someone out there will prefer Company B and point towards the problems with Company A.

You've got a nice package that suits your needs and I trust that you are very happy with the service you experience.

There are reasons why myself and many others prefer Sky's package that includes their LLU BB, Sky Talk & TV.

For me it is good value for money. I'll reserve judgement on the new Entertainment packages though.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.