Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My uphill battle to receive Anytime+

This is a discussion on My uphill battle to receive Anytime+ within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi Guys I'm brand new to this forum, so I'm hoping I've placed this topic in the right place. I ...

TheKatMan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

My uphill battle to receive Anytime+

Hi Guys

I'm brand new to this forum, so I'm hoping I've placed this topic in the right place.

I recently enquired with sky customer services about receiving the Anytime+ product, having already being in posession of a sky+ HD box minus the sky broadband internet connection.

I was told by the member of the customer service team that Yes my current equipment set up was compatible and all I required was a sky broadband connection (which I already thought would be the case)

I immediately signed up for the sky broadband unlimited package - all was going to plan until 1 week before my broadband installation date and I had to call the customer support line as I had not received my router. I called to enquire where my router was and was advised that it will be on it's way and not to worry and that I should expect to receive it within the next day or two.

Two days passed and still no router so I called back only to be informed to give it one more day and to call back if my router had not been received. I called back the evening of the following day and was advised there was a problem with my order.

According to the member of the support team, my order had duplicated on the system but it had failed to be allocated a router. The chap on the phone advised he would raise a request to have one shipped to me wthout delay.

My broadband installation took place on the 23 May, yet my router did not arrive with me until it appeard at my work address on the morning of the 27 May, resuting in several days loss of service.

That evening, I tried to activate my Anytime+ over the internet only be advised that activation cannot take place online and I would have to phone the support team (more calls and more costs incurred by me)

I spoke to a member of the team who advised simply that my equipment was not compatible, despite being advised previously that it was. According to the member of the support team my box is an older version of the thomson boxes, installed just over 2 years ago, but not to worry as I was eligible for a free upgrade and replacement box due to the older thomson boxes being made obsolete and the roll-out of new equipment.

I was told at that point that due to a recent error relating to he ordering of my broadband equipment, it wasn't possible at tha moment in time to place an order for my updated equipment but a manager would give me a call in a couple of days to arrange this for me.

4 days passed with no calls so I decided to call the support team again to chase up my query, only to be passed to one of the overseas helpdesks where I was told point blank that in no circumstances did I qualify for any replacement equipment. The operator on this occasion then began to talk over me continuously and argue with me when I tried to make her aware of the previous calls and discussions with her colleagues. I was also refused a call transfer to a senior member of the team and was told the only offer open to me was to buy a brand new box if I wanted one.

I immediately ended the call due to my own upset and anger and decided to write a stern letter to the complaints team at sky. It's been just over a week and half and no response yet.

I was wondering if anyone could offer any thoughts, help or advice as to what I can do next?

I guess I may have to fork out for a new box.

I feel I've been lied to and mis-lead throughout this whole process and all I want is to be able to received the Anytime+ product that I originally enquired about.

I guess this whole situation with incompatible equipment is quite common at the moment for customers that havn't upgraded recently.

Thanks in advance

2. Advertisement
      steelysteph is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Lancaster
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: VM Hub 3
      Sky TV: 2TB Minnie Mous
      Thanks

Re: My uphill battle to receive Anytime+

That sounds pretty diabolical, I can only suggest the following steps:

1. Post this in the official Sky Forum which can be found on the Sky web site.
      2. Email James Darroch at bskyb with your complaint and CC it to BBC's Watchdog.

Keep us informed of your progress and good luck.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steelysteph For This Useful Post:

TheKatMan (11-06-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks Steph

I never really thought of that.

Is it allowed, the emailing of senior figures a BSKYB I mean? I take it Mr Darroch's email is something like james.darrch@bskyb.com?

I'm going to review my complaint the first part of this week and will forward my complaint in an email if I don't get any joy and will also copy in watchdog. Surely I can't be the only sky customer experiencing problems like these at present.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

don't fork out for a new box.

I have been called 3 times this week from Sky for me to swap my Thompson for a new box.

I keep on saying no and they keep on calling.

Send a complaint to the CEO's email address as it is crazy with Sky hassling me to swap when I don't want to yet they won't do a box swap with people who do.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Undecided Adrian For This Useful Post:

TheKatMan (11-06-11)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

The operator on this occasion then began to talk over me continuously and argue with me when I tried to make her aware of the previous calls and discussions with her colleagues. I was also refused a call transfer to a senior member of the team and was told the only offer open to me was to buy a brand new box if I wanted one.
      Unfortunately you have been talking to an air head. Thomson boxes have been being replaced for months now and in many cases owners of these have received an email or letter offering them a free replacement. I would call again if I were you, don't say anything about having called previously, just that you have heard that Thomson boxes are being replaced free of charge to allow Sky broadband customers to receive Anytime+.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

TheKatMan (11-06-11)

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Like Isitme said a fresh call to the upgrades department. Don't mention your previous misery. 500gb box for free or the 1tb box for 49 quid.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Exdee For This Useful Post:

TheKatMan (11-06-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
      Like Isitme said a fresh call to the upgrades department. Don't mention your previous misery. 500gb box for free or the 1tb box for 49 quid.
      It's funny you should say this as I was quoted 99 + Shipping for the 1TB HD box during my last coversation with Sky. What is going on. My eyes have been well and truely opened after reading your comments and the other thread contributions this afternoon. I think I may give upgrades a shot ad see where it gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided Adrian View Post
      don't fork out for a new box.

I have been called 3 times this week from Sky for me to swap my Thompson for a new box.

I keep on saying no and they keep on calling.

Send a complaint to the CEO's email address as it is crazy with Sky hassling me to swap when I don't want to yet they won't do a box swap with people who do.
      What I wouldn't give for them to call me with an offer of an upgraded sky HD+ box, just so I can move on with my life without feeling let down and ripped off by their current poor level of service!

It makes me mad.

I've been a sky customer for years and have never had cause to complain until now

I think an email will be going in first thing on monday morning...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheKatMan View Post
      It's funny you should say this as I was quoted 99 + Shipping for the 1TB HD box during my last coversation with Sky. What is going on. My eyes have been well and truely opened after reading your comments and the other thread contributions this afternoon. I think I may give upgrades a shot ad see where it gets me.
      Before you ring them go to your My Sky Account and click 'Upgrade' and see what price it gives you if you add a 1tb box.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Exdee View Post
      Before you ring them go to your My Sky Account and click 'Upgrade' and see what price it gives you if you add a 1tb box.
      It says 49 but then it won't let me go any further and asks me to ring them, so I can't order online and I guess it'll have to be done over the phone.

I also had a look at multi room out of curiosity and it advises me that I could currently be awaiting a visit from an engineer in relation to my hardware and therefore I cannot order additional boxes at this moment in time...

I don't think I necessarily need a 1TB box, although it would be nice

I'd just like the newer model of the current black and grey sky+ HD box that I already have.

Thanks

Did you check what price it gives you if you add a normal sky +HD box? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast