Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

AT+ & Non Sky Router Help!!

This is a discussion on AT+ & Non Sky Router Help!! within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi, I have read a few of the threads re using a non sky router with AT+ especially the Netgear ...

Morsel99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

AT+ & Non Sky Router Help!!

Hi,

I have read a few of the threads re using a non sky router with AT+ especially the Netgear DGN 1000 which I am running but I could not find a satisfactory conclusion.

I just upgraded to the 1TB box with the view to getting AT+, very pleased with the box so much better than the Thomson nail I had spent to much money on fixing.

Anyway, I also run a non sky router after getting fed up with all the problems with my old DG834GT and bought a Netgear DGN 1000 which I have had running for the last two weeks with no problems.

I have finally this week got round to activating AT+ but had the Service Connection FAIL after connecting up. I then followed lots of the advice on here and other forums, this one was the best by a long way, so I decided to register to ask more questions as this is bugging me. So I have spoofed the MAC address, put it into DMZ and every other manner of combinations to find the same result service fail.

I have then swapped routers for the old one and now connected with the Sky (re flashed firmware) DG834GT to see if AT+ would work and yes you have guessed it, it fired up immedialtely wtih no problems.

I then stick the DGN 1000 in and its is back to service connection fail and no AT +.

My questions are, has anybody found a way around this yet? What is SKY AT+ recognising in the Sky router and not in the Netgear non sky?

It is really bugging me as it should be logical and have a work around, but cannot seem to make it work. I will go back to using the old router if necessary but I really want to see if there is a solution out there.

Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: AT+ & Non Sky Router Help!!

Did you forward the port UDP 3700 to your Sky+HD boxes IP in your Netgear routers firewall? If not try it.

Morsel99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

Thanks that seems to have worked in as far as AT + is working through the DGN 1000 router, so it is purely a port issue?

Service connection still says fail though? But it is working fine?

Thanks again.

Exdee is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LSXXX
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Yes it's definitely ports. Can't be anything else.
      There are probably more port(s) that need to be opened to fix the service connection error. I am waiting on my wireless connector which should arrive in a day or two. I'll then try to sniff the traffic to the box and see if I can find any other ports that need to be opened.