Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Message from Sky

This is a discussion on Message from Sky within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Got this E-mail from Sky Dear Customer, Sky TV on demand will soon be at your fingertips. We've been bringing ...

Philco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sittingbourne
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Message from Sky

Got this E-mail from Sky

Dear Customer,

Sky TV on demand will soon be at your fingertips. We've been bringing Sky Anytime+ to Sky+HD boxes around Britain, and you'll be pleased to hear that yours is one of the next on our list. So it won't be long before you can watch whatever you're in the mood for, whenever you want.

Depending on your Sky TV subscription, you can delve into box sets of your favourite series, enjoy documentaries, art shows and relive classic sporting moments.

A little something to thank you for waiting

We appreciate your patience, so we'd like to offer you a free Sky Wireless Connector worth 60. Just the thing if your Sky+HD box and Sky Broadband router are in different rooms or if you just hate all those wires.

So keep an eye on your emails. We'll be in touch as soon as your Sky box is ready for Sky Anytime+ with details of how to activate and claim your free Wireless Connector.

The Sky Anytime+ team

2. Advertisement
      Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: Message from Sky

isn't that the email they have been sending out since the 22nd March and no sign of the connectors yet.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

bluenoseb5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: calthope
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: SkyHD box
      Thanks

when i spoke to sky a couple of weeks ago said was another 160,000 680 boxs still to get the update, so i am guessing this is that last lot of 680 boxes getting the software updated rolled out, i got the 22nd march email and another yesterday to say anytime plus has been enabled for my box what is a 680, but no word on the wireless connector on the second email say it enabled

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I got this standard reply following my e-mail to them querying the Thompson receiver update:-

Dear Mr Smith

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

After reviewing your account I have found that the HD box you have is not compatible with the anytime+ service, although this is currently being reviewed by the anytime+ department.

The issue with the box is that the current software is unable to coexist with the anytime+ facility.

Unfortunately I do not have a timescale of when the update will be completed. however once the update has been done you will be contacted by email to advise your box can now receive anytime+.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our anytime+ team on 08442 41 41 41, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

Kind regards

Ashlea

Sky Help Centre

Sky.com - your home for the latest news, sport and entertainment

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Enquiry Type:

Upgrading your Sky TV package
      Description:

I have been trying to upgrade my package to include Sky Anytime+ but have found out that it is not possible with my Thompson HD receiver. Having had Sky HD for quite some time now I consider it a little unfair that I am unable to get this new service because I was one of the first to actually have the HD service. I purchased my own Sky HD receiver some time ago now and have never had one of the HD box offers that now seem common place to new customers, can you please contact me to discuss the next course of action as I am strongly considering leaving Sky and using Virgin instead, they can supply an on demang service with no extra costs. Regards

shep is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ecclesfield, Sheffield
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Latest email just received from Sky (Amstrad 780 box, apologies if this has been posted elsewhere)

Hello Customer,

Thank you for registering for Sky Anytime+ and for your patience while we get the service ready for you.

We're really sorry for the on-going delays in launching Sky Anytime+ on your Sky+HD box. We have been bringing Sky Anytime+ to customers in stages and we're working hard to ensure that you get the best experience possible. We're currently undergoing testing for your type of box, which is due to complete at the end of June when we will get in contact with you again.

Remember, once you're ready for Sky Anytime+ we'll give you a free Wireless Connector.

We understand this delay must be frustrating for you and appreciate your continued patience, but we are committed to providing you with products that meet the high standards you have come to expect from Sky.

So, please remember to keep an eye on your emails for the update we'll be sending you at the end of June.

--so looking like July at the earliest!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Isn't that the same email that some people had back in March ?

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Ultrafast 1
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I've just had this one too .. it is similar, but not the same, as the previous one. This one actually gives "June" as the expected completion date. The last one (back in March) just said "soon".