Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

****email from Jeremy Darrochs' office (SKY CEO) regarding Amstrad 780

This is a discussion on ****email from Jeremy Darrochs' office (SKY CEO) regarding Amstrad 780 within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Been reading this for months now but first post. I emailed JD at about 8am, got this back at 11.30am. ...

ryancarney1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

****email from Jeremy Darrochs' office (SKY CEO) regarding Amstrad 780

Been reading this for months now but first post.
      I emailed JD at about 8am, got this back at 11.30am. Seems like standard reply to me...
      I basically demanded a compatable box as I am not getting what I should be, citing the fact that 'new' customers recieve the service yet us older lot get left by the wayside...

Heres the reply...

Dear Mr Carney

Customer Account Number *******************
      Thanks for your email addressed to Jeremy Darroch concerning the availability of the Sky Anytime+ service on your Amstrad 780 HD box.

I'm sorry that you feel disappointed as you cannot access the Anytime+ service at present and would like to update you as to the current situation with regards to the rollout of the software.

As you are aware, we're gradually making the Sky Anytime+ service available in phases according to a customer?s type of Sky+HD box. This is to ensure each of our customers receives the best possible experience.

We have recently begun the rollout to Amstrad 780 customers and only once this rollout has completed will you be able to activate Sky Anytime+.

If you have not already done so please register your interest on our Sky Anytime+ website so that we can contact you with a small update including an offer of a free wireless connector to help you get set up. If you have not registered then you will not receive the updates or offer.

I can confirm there is another software download scheduled for tomorrow. I'm confident the Sky Anytime service will be available to you very soon.
      Unfortunately we are not liable to provide you with a brand new Sky+ HD box free of charge as your box will receive the software in due course.

In the meantime I'd like to thank you for your patience. We will be in touch very shortly when your Sky+HD box is Sky Anytime+ ready with details of how to get your free wireless connector, provided you have registered.

I trust this conveys our position on this matter and if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at the above address.

Kind regards

Julie Menzies
      Executive Support Team
      Customer Support, BSKYB-Customer Operations

Oh well, was rather looking forward to a shiny new box, but there you go.

Anyway, fingers crossed for tommorow...

2. Advertisement
      Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: ****email from Jeremy Darrochs' office (SKY CEO) regarding Amstrad 780

Tell him you have a Thompson receiver, lets see what they do then

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: ****email from Jeremy Darrochs' office (SKY CEO) regarding Amstrad 780

Quote Originally Posted by ryancarney1 View Post
      I can confirm there is another software download scheduled for tomorrow. I'm confident the Sky Anytime service will be available to you very soon.
      That doesn't fill me with my confidence, it is just a software roll out so it doesn't mean Anytime+ will be activated for us, they even say that they do not know when it will be available.