Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anytime + problem again

This is a discussion on Anytime + problem again within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I have done a trawl of the Anytime+ instal posts here but would appreciate input before I ring Sky again. ...

pscocoa is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0127632742
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Anytime + problem again

I have done a trawl of the Anytime+ instal posts here but would appreciate input before I ring Sky again.

A brand new Amstrad HD STB was fitted today to deal with the non accessibiity of my old Amstrad HD STB. The Sky engineer ran in and ran out because Anytime+ had not been enabled by Sky. I got that sorted and then discovered he had not changed the Broadband setting to On which I have now done.

It is a Sky Router and Sky Broadband using Tweex adaptors - IP address is showing and all lights are showing ok. I was able to connect my laptop to the Tweex used for the STB before engineer arrived no problem.

So far only one programme has appeared after several hours.

Any views as to why this should be the case?

1 strange thing possibly is that in the router settings - connected devices- I have an entry of Unknown Device which I had assumed would be the Sky STB - but it is showing as wireless and not wired as I would have expected.

Any views please? I hope they have not given me a box for which the service is still not there.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Re: Anytime + problem again

There are a few things which you have completed successfully and a few other things which now need to be completed.

Firstly, from what you have described, you have successfully connected and enabled the Network on the Sky+ HD STB. You may want to check that it is plugged into the socket on the router with the green stripe beside it. This socket has been prioritised for the type of traffic that the Sky STB produces.

The STB will automatically record any Anytime content when it can. This is why you can now see one programmed recorded.

What you need to do is get the Anytime+ Service enabled. You can do this by visiting the sky website, going into your account and selecting 'Upgrades'. Within this section should be the option to add Anytime+. If it has not been enabled, then please do so.

You should then receive an email over the next couple of days confirming that the order is being processed and it will be promptly followed by another email letting you know that it has been done.

If it has already been enabled, then you can check to see what orders you have outstanding. It should be listed. If it has been completed, then you may benefit from calling Sky, but the signal to enable the service could be transmitted over night.

Once Anytime+ has been enabled, any thing recorded under 'Anytime' will be renamed 'Showcase'.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

pscocoa (27-04-11)

Thanks

Many thanks - my router seems to have 3 slots with green stripes and the cable is inserted in one of the 3. Will work through the other suggestions - great response at this time of night - thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pscocoa View Post
      Many thanks - my router seems to have 3 slots with green stripes and the cable is inserted in one of the 3. Will work through the other suggestions - great response at this time of night - thanks
      No problem, bed-time for me soon though

As for the sockets, I have one here and it is labelled as such, but someone else has previously said the same as you which makes me suspicious.

The green socket on mine is also the socket which is next to the ADSL lead.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Yes I am using the same slot.

On My Account it shows Anytime+ as part of my package. They told me today it had been enabled but so far no emails.

I notice that the address for unknown device on router is 192.168.0.2 but on the STB the network address is 192.168.0.9

Thanks

The signal to enable it will be retransmitted to your STB sometime over the next few day. If not, try using STB to view your account. This will force it to telephone Sky and may allow it to update itself.

As for the addresses, the 192.168.0.2 I suspect is you PC or Laptop or whatever you are using to read the forum. The Sky STB doesn't always show up on the router under 'attached devices'.

Night night.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

pscocoa (28-04-11)

Thanks

Thanks- just rebooted router and the Tweex units and it is now working - Showcase now showing - 12 hours since STB fitted. Thanks for your support tonight - good to have resolved it despite the time.

Thanks

Spoke too soon - there is very limited Showcase and sometimes Anytime+ is partially working and then it is not. Sky had me turm off at mains and turn on but it is no different. Sometimes Service Connection is ok and other times shows Fail.

Will speak to Sky again tomorrow - only a handful of things have appeared in Showcase.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Showcase is the basic Anytime, it can take several days to fill up.

I would advise setting the network connections in the HD box manually. 192.168.0.100 is good. When you have done that, go to the router settings and reserve this address and name it Anytime or SkyHD or something you can recognise. This way you will be able to quickly check if you are connected to the router.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

My line speed is down to 1.2 mbps and Anytime is a total pain - takes hours to download anything. I am now cancelling everything SKY and they are getting difficult - so TV cancelled (as outside 12 month period) and waiting for a manager to ring me on Broadband as they want me to stick to Broadband 12 month agreement even though they mis represented Anytime + situation capability. Someone in Support told me you need a minimum of 2mbps for Anytime + to work. Sky are a disgrace.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast