Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

A Success!

This is a discussion on A Success! within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Happy to report I've got Anytime + up and running. I took advantage of Sky's offer of a new 1Tb ...

dflour69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hastings
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: TP-Link Archer VR2800
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

A Success!

Happy to report I've got Anytime + up and running.

I took advantage of Sky's offer of a new 1Tb box for 149. As an aside, I must say it is a dramatic improvement over my old Thomson. I was going to do a self-install, but for some reason, Sky waived the 60 engineer charge, so I had him do it.

As my router is one floor below my sky box, I had chosen to connect by wireless. I know that home plugs are a feasible alternative, but I decided not to go that route.
      I had bought one of these in anticipation Vonets WiFi Bridge from Ebay for approx 20. Unfortunately, it does not come with a power supply, so I was hoping to use the USB connection to supply power. However, I was disappointed but not surprised, to find that the USB ports on my new box are not powered. Back to Ebay and I bought a cheap powered USB hub. Amazingly, everything worked first time of asking - didn't even have to activate Anytime + in My Sky.

Total cost of WiFi bridge and USB hub (including postage) approx 25.

Very pleased and feeling not a little smug

PS. The engineer didn't even ask for my old box. He said that the old Thomsons are so poor, that Sky aren't bothering to refurb them.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dflour69 For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (22-04-11)

3. Advertisement