Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

er.... oh oh!

This is a discussion on er.... oh oh! within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I had the Anytime+ upgrade last week (or whenever it was) like everyone else with a 780 box.... During today ...

Jaysun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Mansfield (EMMNSFI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

er.... oh oh!

I had the Anytime+ upgrade last week (or whenever it was) like everyone else with a 780 box....

During today we had a powercut whilst I was at work, now all signs of the Anytime update have vanished - no more network tab, anytime+ options etc...

Also strangely, a lot of deleted programmes have returned to the planner but listed as 'Failed' - along with programmes to be recorded next week have now vanished!

Anyone any ideas what's happend?

I've tried a reset with backup held to try and force the update but nothing

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: er.... oh oh!

Try a Sky+ Planner rebuild, that may help.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Tried the planner rebuild last night... box seems a little quicker after the 'defrag'

Anytime+ options have not returned though, it's like the update has been deleted from the box or something - very strange.

Also was preventing us from ordering Wrestlemania on Box Office for tomorrow night... we'd already ordered but it deleted it and wouldn't let us re-add it.

So phoned Sky this morning, they recommended the planner rebuild, sorted the Box Office problem... blamed the power cut for everything lol

Also told me my box (Amstrad 780) is not compatible with Anytime+ - even though the status on my Sky account has changed.

Kinda guessing I'll have to wait for them sending the upgrade out again (once everyone else has it and I have to complain lol)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Also told me my box (Amstrad 780) is not compatible with Anytime+
      Typical of Sky, the right hand does not know what the left is doing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Well it all went wrong didn't it lol - The Box Office even although listed as recorded - didn't record, gave me an error message and told me to phone Sky who say they're going to refund it for me.

The person I spoke to this time was very helpful, she explained that the Anytime+ update may have been recalled from Sky and that the Amstrad 780 should be able to receive the service soon.

Also told me to look out for a mail offering me some Homeplugs worth 60...