Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sky sent me a letter offering a free replacement hd box (currently have a thompson)

This is a discussion on Sky sent me a letter offering a free replacement hd box (currently have a thompson) within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I have just ordered a new 1TB box for 149 and thought others might like to know that if you ...

geoffwba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Great Barr
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky sent me a letter offering a free replacement hd box (currently have a thompso

I have just ordered a new 1TB box for 149 and thought others might like to know that if you opt to self install without an engineer visit Sky charge you 15 for delivery. As I want to choose when I swap my old Thomson box for the new one this is OK but Sky certainly make sure they don't lose out overly! Also you have to install the new box within 30 days of receipt.

2. Advertisement
      Kabacus is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bootle LV
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Sky sent me a letter offering a free replacement hd box (currently have a thompso

I posted on 24th and post now to confirm. A Sky engineer today installed a brand new Sky+ HD box, the old Thomson Sky+ HD box was moved up to the bedroom and the Pace Sky+ SD box from the bedroom is sitting in my hall awaiting disposal.

The LNB was also changed due to it's age (a quad Philips that is about 7 years old).

This hasn't cost a penny (I declined to pay another 10.50 for HD upstairs), although there were some problems with the pairing/features that took a phone call to sort out. Anytime+ was on the Thomson even though the engineer had previously tested it on the new box
      Last edited by Kabacus; 01-04-11 at 09:14 PM. Reason: typo

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

A good result, dispelling the information that all the old Thomsons should be returned.

I should also keep the Sky+ STB in case one of the other STBs should fail in the future. Storing it in a box and placing it in the loft sounds a reasonable suggestion to me.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

hitenhirani is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale - LWCOL
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Another one to add to the list...
      Just had my old Thompson 'replaced' with a new Amstrad box.
      Official Sky van man came with box, swapped out, and let me keep my Thompson which I have now relocated to an upstairs bedroom.
      Good result!

preppy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

does anyone have the URL on the letter that was sent, i recieved one but cant for the life of me find it or the offer on the website.

If i can avoid calling sky i will i hate there menu system...

ZeroHour is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leith
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by preppy View Post
      does anyone have the URL on the letter that was sent, i recieved one but cant for the life of me find it or the offer on the website.

If i can avoid calling sky i will i hate there menu system...
      It was not a url, you had to call. One thing to watch, when I called the guy tried to charge me for install but it clearly states on the letter install is free which when pointed out, he removed the charge.
      Z

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345