Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Anytime+ Amstrad 780 problem thread...

This is a discussion on Anytime+ Amstrad 780 problem thread... within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; As others have posted it works on these boxes but they must have some concerns about it to not allow ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Anytime+ Amstrad 780 problem thread...

As others have posted it works on these boxes but they must have some concerns about it to not allow its general use yet.
      I have read elsewhere that it appears to work OK, but at times it will start downloading then just stop, for no apparent reason. It is therefore judged not to be fit for purpose.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      coope66 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Pontefract
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

How are so many users getting upgrades for their 780 boxes. Do they have technical issues or faults,or like me are they fed up with the way sky have treated their customers and complained. I tried that ,but its like hitting your head against a brick wall. Every month its wait another month for the update.
      Belive in better. Sky should belive in a better service for its customers. Anytime + should not have been rolled out until ALL boxes were compatible instead of using it to capture new customers and isolate existing ones. Wonder how many customers they will loose when YOUVIEW appears next year. Shame on you.

Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Ultrafast 1
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I don't know about others, but I tried the standard routes of complaint with no joy either - then someone posted here about a different email address where you actually got someone on the other end who didn't blame all faults on the weather!

execcustenq@bskyb.com

I've been a Sky customer for a long time, we pay almost the top package (just don't bother with the movies and those individual extra channels) and have had problems in the past (last year we had several months of problems with our broadband).

We had also experienced some faults with our old 780 - but only what everyone else seemed to be experiencing - occasional freezing of the box, synching problems, picture quality problems - many of these happened after a software update, but not all.

Basically I sent an email to the above address, stating I wished to complain about the poor service, lack of information and problems caused to our box due to the software "upgrades". I gave the background of our time with Sky. We actually had two responses - one via email from a lady who said she would deal with it after the weekend if I could email her some additional information, and another who rang up the same day to offer either a replacement "like for like" box for free, or a new 1TB for 49.

We opted for the new 1TB because I don't like reconditioned products, especially when they don't cover them with a warranty.
      Last edited by Stumpy; 05-06-11 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I can't spell :P

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stumpy For This Useful Post:

coope66 (05-06-11)

Thanks

Thanks for that info. Were getting picture freeze,blue screen when you start up and pic and sound out of sync and the usual message no satellite signal is been received blah blah blah. All have got worse or appeared after the upgrades. I will try again thanks.

andrewh13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: eaewd
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coope66 View Post
      Thanks for that info. Were getting picture freeze,blue screen when you start up and pic and sound out of sync and the usual message no satellite signal is been received blah blah blah. All have got worse or appeared after the upgrades. I will try again thanks.
      My call to Cancellations was over an hour, I asked for each persons name, then said I was not satisfied with their answer, accepted their hands were tied, and asked to speak to their superior. . And that I would report all the answers given to other sources. I emphased that although I wanted Anytime plus, the box did freeze from time to time. I think in the end this gave the leeway to finally offer a new slim 250GB 890 box. If only to get me off the phone It shouldn't be this hard! But that's the problem for staying loyal and legit I guess.

nutter123 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I would highly recommend if you can persist on emailing the exec office and so forth (to get a DRX890) The box is absolutely worth it (even if I did have to buy mine on ebay) Anytime+ I have to say is very good too

Thanks

Emailed the exec office , got a reply today. After outlining problems with my 780 box after updates and the bad handling of the Anytime + rollout, they offered me an engineer visit to service my 780 box. Because its out of warranty it would of course cost....in total 65.00.
      What great customer service, do they think im stupid.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I have my ebay bought DR890 and have anytime+ enabled now (and had no problem with sky pairing card either) I done a forced download on the old 780 box and that happens to have anytime+ software on it now

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by nutter123 View Post
      I done a forced download on the old 780 box and that happens to have anytime+ software on it now
      That is because sky have activated it for your eBay box as it is done per account.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      That is because sky have activated it for your eBay box as it is done per account.
      Ah! I thought it was done via er........software over the air or whatever (didn't think that would be on the download stream) who cares though I got what I wanted (and really happy)

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast