Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Anytime+ Amstrad 780 problem thread...

This is a discussion on Anytime+ Amstrad 780 problem thread... within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I did the same as Jaysun e-mailing there executive office and also there CEO oh and cc'd to watchdog, got ...

alienaeon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01872
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Anytime+ Amstrad 780 problem thread...

I did the same as Jaysun e-mailing there executive office and also there CEO oh and cc'd to watchdog, got the same deal just cause I wanted working anytime

2. Advertisement
      Stumpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stainton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Ultrafast 1
      Router: Sky Hub SR203
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I got the 1TB installed this morning (although nearly didn't - the engineer came early then, when he arrived, he'd realised he didn't actually have a 1TB box in the van - he had to get a supervisor to deliver one for him).

Apparently it was the first 1TB he'd ever done, and initially struggled to get Anytime or Anytime+ working on it - eventually after I prodded him a few times he did a forced software update, after which it worked.

I also received an email from Sky today, similar to the one we had back in March, saying sorry for the delays, we'll contact you again when the current phase of testing is over at the end of June, and saying again about the free wireless connector.

I'm assuming I won't be able to get that now?

alienaeon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01872
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Got mine now
      Had a few teething problems but it's working now I think.
      Right I was scared to put this up before cause I didn't wanna get my box cancelled (not that I've heard of them doing this was just paraniod) but this is who I E-mailed to sort out the free box:
      jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
      and I also CC'd it to:
      watchdog@bbc.co.uk; CRSupport@bskyb.com; ExecCustEnq@bskyb.com

This was my message:
      Dear Jeremy

I am writing to complain about the unfairness over your sky anytime+ service.
      For the past 6 months I have been waiting to receive sky anytime+ on my Amstrad 780 box which I, or anyone else with the box still cannot receive despite your adverts, which are everywhere saying it is available to anyone with a sky+ HD box and sky broadband, why advertise a service when a lot of your customers can not receive it.
      The information given by your customer services is terrible, first people were told it would be sorted by 12/05/2011 and then when that came and went a message was put up by your advisor on the forums telling us simply to wait and we will get it sometime in the future, which I find unacceptable when new customers are getting the service right away, however when I phoned your customer service helpline myself this week I spoke to a very unhelpful lady who didn't seem interested in solving my problem at all and fobbed me off by saying we would be receiving letters to get our boxes upgraded to a compatible one, to which I asked if she could get it sent out right away and she said no! I have since heard our boxes will not be replaced from people on your forum and the sky user forum who were told the same thing only to be told that was wrong when they emailed yourselves.
      I believe you replaced the boxes for owners of the Thompson boxes so why leave us waiting and waiting for this service when you could simply replace our boxes as well.
      I am bitterly disappointed with the way in which sky have dealt with me and all your other members who are in the same boat over this as in the past I have only ever had a good experience when dealing with yourselves and I am now considering looking into BT vision if this can't be sorted.
      As you can also see I have CC'd this message to watchdog.
      I trust you will be able to sort this for me within 5 working days here are my details to help you deal with my complaint quickly:
      Name:
      Address:
      Home:
      Mobile:
      Account Number:

Regards

That got me a reply in 10mins and all sorted.

andrewh13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: eaewd
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sky engineer here for 10 minutes, I removed Amstrad 780 while he unpacked 890. Anytime worked straight away, Sky box seems more responsive, surprised it has shrunk in size!

Box seems new and includes a further Ethernet and HDMI cable, but no intruction manual this time (for what it's worth), is this normal now?

I clicked on an Anytime Sky film and it started downloading. As only a Sports customer I take it this would fully download (if I hadn't cancelled) but then refuse to play?

Well worth the one hour + call to Sky Cancellations, re-itterating the unfairness of loyal customers vs new ones. I would have left had they not suddenly allowed a new box for 15.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewh13 View Post
      I clicked on an Anytime Sky film and it started downloading. As only a Sports customer I take it this would fully download (if I hadn't cancelled) but then refuse to play?
      Yes, I was told that you could download the films, but unless you had the films subscription you wouldn't be able to view it. I asked if that would change in the future but she intimated probably not.

I would have thought they would have had a back catalogue of older films that we could watch, without the movies subscription. *shrugs*

It does seem a little tempremental still ... I wanted to watch three episodes of a particular series - selected each one for download. The first time, only the first one downloaded, and the second time, although they said "downloaded", 10 mins or so into them they froze, I'm assuming buffering up - I just rewound a few seconds or so and rewatched a bit, which seemed to fix it.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Sky stopped supplying the User Manual sometime ago.

If you really want it, then you now have two choices:

• download it from the Sky website
      • call Sky and ask for a copy

To be fair, I think I have a copy, but haven't dug it out since the STB was first installed. If I need to refer to it in order to answer a question, then Google finds it quickly:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/export..._260530845.pdf

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

andrewh13 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: eaewd
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Sky stopped supplying the User Manual sometime ago.

If you really want it, then you now have two choices:

• download it from the Sky website
      • call Sky and ask for a copy

To be fair, I think I have a copy, but haven't dug it out since the STB was first installed. If I need to refer to it in order to answer a question, then Google finds it quickly:

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/export..._260530845.pdf
      Thanks, dont want manual, but just wanted to ensure I had a new package! All wrapped up so seems fine now you confirmed that.

Thanks

Strange - mine came with one? The engineer did seem surprised to find it there though.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Strange - mine came with one? The engineer did seem surprised to find it there though.
      Would this have anything to do with the sub model letter, ie C, R or Z.? Different countries of manufacture.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

Mine doesn't have a letter at the end ... the new one is an Amstrad DRX895.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast