Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Is it just me?....or

This is a discussion on Is it just me?....or within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; ...is the availability of watchable programmes on Sky Anytime really poor!? Albeit I only subscribe to the 3 Pack without ...

gill501 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: WSAYR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Is it just me?....or

...is the availability of watchable programmes on Sky Anytime really poor!? Albeit I only subscribe to the 3 Pack without HD Channels but I feel I am being penalised for this. Example of this is that I missed Mad Dogs on Sky 1 last night. I tuned in to Anytime there to see if it was on the list... it was, but... only under Sky 1 HD aaarghhhh! Frustrating! On checking today there are 33 programmes available on my Sky Anytime listing and I can watch 4 of them!
      Now don't get me wrong I understand that you get what you pay for, but why have a listing with that many programmes that I can't watch, why not have some programmes from the channels that I do subsrcibe to so that I can watch them again.
      I think the new Anytime + sounded fantastic but now I am not so sure. (Not that I would be eligible anyway as I have a 3 year old Thomson box (hopefully being replaced next Friday) - being penalised again methinks!)
      Rant Over!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Is it just me?....or

I may be wrong, but I am sure I read somewhere that Sky make the Anytime HD movies available in SD to those who do not subscribe to HD. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read it. Maybe Sky1 is the same, have you tried it? Anybody else remember reading something like this?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

gill501 (18-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I may be wrong, but I am sure I read somewhere that Sky make the Anytime HD movies available in SD to those who do not subscribe to HD. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read it. Maybe Sky1 is the same, have you tried it? Anybody else remember reading something like this?
      Isitme I have tried to start the programme from Anytime but I get the obligatory "Please call to upgrade your subscribtion to this channel" message. Unless there is some workaround that someone knows of..?

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

They unblocked Anytime movies around Christmas so people with HD boxes and a movie sub but not HD could watch them.

@gill501: Anytime is delivered on a box basis, so HD boxes get mainly HD content. It's simpler - and cheaper - that way. Why should Sky introduce an option that would cost them money to implement but give them no return!

Anytime+ is all SD so you should be able to get the SD version of Sky 1 programmes that way. One way of forcing this is to save the HD version in your planner (by pressing 'record' - you don't need a sub to do that) which should remove it from the Showcase section, allowing you to get the SD version from the Sky 1 section of A+

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SadBloke For This Useful Post:

gill501 (18-02-11)

Thanks

Sadbloke - thanks for the info on Anytime + . I am hoping that I get my faulty box replaced next week with a box that will be compatible with this service!

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Hi there,

Indeed SB's picked it up right. If you subscribe to BOTH the Movie packs, but not the HD pack, then you could watch the HD movies recorded on the Anytime/Showcase.

The same was applied to the Sports pack.

I don't know if this is still the case, perhaps someone could update us? The intention was for Sky to fix this issue.

This 'solution' wasn't applied to the other channels.

It might be worth experimenting by turning the Anytime off, but downloading the Anytime+ content as this is still all SD content.

For reference though, Mad Dogs is repeated tonight on sky 3 (9pm), Sky 2 has it Sat 11pm & again on Sky 1 (Wed 10pm). So you haven't missed it.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

gill501 (18-02-11)

Thanks

Thanks Scubbie, I will try to catch it tonight!