Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Anytime + Thomson Box

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime + Thomson Box within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Phoned sky today and asked when the sky anytime + update was due for my Thomson box, my orginal Amstrad ...

Brummie75 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Base
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Sky Anytime + Thomson Box

Phoned sky today and asked when the sky anytime + update was due for my Thomson box, my orginal Amstrad Hd box i got in Decmeber 2009 was replaced by a Thomson refreb after it broke March 2010. Sky got me to do a forced software update and waited with me on the phone until this was complete and asked me to read out the software number, he then went on to tell me that my box was incompatable for anytime + and offered me two choices, replace it for free with another referb but he couldnt tell me which make box i would get or replace it with a brand new Amstrad box for 30. So on Saturday sky are coming round to fit me a new box and hook me up to anytime+ as well as moving my thomson box upstairs and putting in a second line so i can use the sky+ on my muliti room set up, they also said the would give me ultimate broadband for free for the next 6 months even though i was already paying for it so i spend 30 for a new box and second line instalation upstairs and then saved 60 on my broadband thats what i call a result and all i did was phone the cancelation department to ask when i was getting anytime+

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,240 Times in 2,103 Posts

Re: Sky Anytime + Thomson Box

Well done!

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

magicuni82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I have a Thomson box and after reading your post I have just spent 50 minutues on the phone to Sky and managed to secure a new Sky Anytime + ready box for 30.

So Thanks!

M4rmite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: CMDD
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

hmm i emailed the sky customer support team yesterday and they replied today
      as i have a thomson box they dont have a date for any updates etc. and they wont replace my box for any reason, they never mentioned that it was an option even for 30..
      i will look around at other bb packages and will most likely ditch sky... not just because of this but purely for cost saving as i have sky world with a hd box downstairs and an old sky box in my bedroom sky bb and their unlimited call plan..
      tbh we all have contract phones so i might (omg) return to virgin purely for a bb connection and scrap the house phone and watch freeview channels...
      this should save around 80 a month, bar the bb from virgin..
      just a bit annoyed that sky didnt even mention the 30 option and cant be bothered to chase them... and as for 50mins on the phone....i spend all day on the phone at work so another hour would see me out.. glad u guys got it sorted tho