Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Anytime+ Space Available

This is a discussion on Anytime+ Space Available within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Can anybody explain how Anytime+ effects usable space? I've a Pace 1TB HD box, when the firmware update was pushed ...

Phil999 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Anytime+ Space Available

Can anybody explain how Anytime+ effects usable space?

I've a Pace 1TB HD box, when the firmware update was pushed to my box I gained an extra 50% space.

At the time, I thought this was logical as prior to update space was split 50% personal recording and 50% anytime. and Anytime+ is on-demand therefore it could lump all available space together.

I still haven't been able to use anytime+ after update (approx 1 month ago), and now only got very limited anytime programmes. (Sky box wired to non Sky router, and box confirm network available and everything showing good in menu)

My box is now down to approx 50% free space, and now recording are starting to fail with 'Technical fault 7'. Is this down to a space issue? should I be able to use the 50% showing or is this still reserved for Anytime / Anytime+?

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Anytime+ Space Available

There is no space reserved for Anytime+, it just goes into your personal Planner. The only space reserved is for the ordinary Anytime.

I don't know why you are showing extra space after the update, unless you HDD was not using the full space available. Try doing a planner rebuild, this should sort it out Services>Settings>001Select>7, Select twice.

There have been a lot of reports about failed recordings with the new firmware on larger boxes.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for your response.

I've attempted to do a 'planner rebuild', however I get the 'housekeeping message' and then the screen just turns black with the in-picture TV still working, and the box doesn't reboot as it should. It needs to be switched off at the wall socket.

I've had this box for approx 10 months, I've never had any other problems. The box also works fine for about 3 weeks after Anytime+ upgrade, but now in the last week recordings have started to fail.

Thanks

Have you tried a full system reset? Same as above but press 8 at the end.

This will delete any recordings you may have.

If this fails your other option would be to call Sky and possibly get a replacement box.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for your response.

I haven't tried a full system reset yet, as I've a lot of programmes recorded. I was hoping somebody may have other ideas before deleting everything!

Can anybody else add anything?

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phil999 View Post
      I haven't tried a full system reset yet, as I've a lot of programmes recorded. I was hoping somebody may have other ideas before deleting everything!
      That could be your problem, unfortunately. The new software uses a different file system, so old recordings may not be picked up correctly.

GSMGuy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: HD+ Multiroom
      Thanks

I thought Anytime+ recordings would go into the "reserved" space on our boxes... (890-C's)

Mike

Thanks

No, Anytime+ downloads go into your personal planner. The reserved space is still reserved for the normal Anytime, which is now known as Showcase.

TomD

Useful Utilites