Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Box not compatible!?

This is a discussion on Box not compatible!? within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Originally Posted by Smithy99 When I bought my Samsung 1080 LCD TV the other year 3DTV wasn't out yet and ...

DesertRaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Virgin Media
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Box not compatible!?

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy99 View Post
      When I bought my Samsung 1080 LCD TV the other year 3DTV wasn't out yet and so it is not 3D compatible, you don't see me complaining that Samsung have ripped me off because they should have known this!!!
      Or waving a bag of sweets in front of a toddler, and then wondering why a tantrum starts when they’re told they can’t have one yet

2. Advertisement
      aidi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dorset
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I agree, that as technology progresses, we have to accept that our older equipment will have to be upgraded. The same applies in this instance.

However, what annoys me is the varying answers being given by Sky with regards to compatibility. I was told without question that Thomson boxes would not be upgraded as they were not compatible at this present time, but would be in the future.

Then told flat out that it would never be upgraded by Sky. What is getting people's backs up is the lack of factual information being given by Sky.

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Well, Sky have clearly stated that ALL receivers will eventually be updated, when this is is another thing.

There is so much miss-information etc on various sites now that people are confused, this seems true of some of the Sky CS staff too. They really should have a department that just deals with the new products just to get them going without all the fuss.

jiteshc1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

After connecting my box with a ethernet cable, I was still not getting the Anytime+. When I go to the Anytime and press down to select a programme, I get a message to go to Sky.com to activate Anytime+. I also get the same message of incompatible box when I log into my account.

After phoning Sky, they say they are rolling it out by manufacture and my Pace box should be done sometime next month. They did say my hardware is all fine.

It would be a good idea for them to put on their website the rollout stages of the boxes so we no whats going on.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiteshc1 View Post
      It would be a good idea for them to put on their website the rollout stages of the boxes so we no whats going on.
      If you login to My Sky and go the upgrade link it will tell you will your box is currently able to access the Anytime+ option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12