Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can u have skyanytime plus on 2 hd boxes

This is a discussion on can u have skyanytime plus on 2 hd boxes within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; hi all ive just subcribed to skyanytime plus,everything activated and showed on my account but i noticed they sent the ...

chillyyyy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

can u have skyanytime plus on 2 hd boxes

hi all ive just subcribed to skyanytime plus,everything activated and showed on my account but i noticed they sent the skyanytime plus to my 2nd box which is my daughters box and didnt want this to happen i wanted the skyanytime plus in the front room,sky looking into this with an exspected call back,dose anyone know if this is possible

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: can u have skyanytime plus on 2 hd boxes

One member has reported that he has it enabled on both his boxes, so call them up and tell them you want it enabled.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Exchange:
      Thanks

thanks will do when they call me back tonite,can i use this site as a reference.

Thanks

Better not, although this is an unofficial site we do not want to antagonise Sky by apparently telling them what to do. If you have 2 HD boxes with multi room, I have not seen anything official that says you can only have it on one box. You are paying for it so why should you not get it. Make that point strongly if you need to.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I'm sure the T&C's state one anytime+ per household. I'll see if i can find it again.

Sky Anytime+: Wired standard set up 40 or free for new Sky+HD customers (not available for new Sky+HD customers choosing Sky+HD self set up) with Everyday Lite or Unlimited Broadband. One set up per household. Wireless self set-up 60 per box. Wired self set up available without charge if customer supplies own cable. Sky TV customers with Sky Broadband in Sky network area only. Selected Sky+HD box required. Available programming will depend on your Sky TV/HD subscription. Most Sky Anytime+ content is SD. To watch content from Sky Movies or Sky Sports you must take Sky Movies 1&2 or Sky Sports 1&2 packs. Customers with Sky+HD box without the HD Pack will only be able to access limited content from the Showcase section of Sky Anytime+. Sky Broadband usage limits apply. Non-standard set up may cost extra.

Thanks

That does not mean that only one box will be enabled. The way I read it is they will only set up one box per household. This does not mean that they will only enable one box, only that they will only set one up for you.

TomD

Useful Utilites

Exchange:
      Thanks

just spoke to sky again,as they never called back last nite,they reasurred me that all sky hd boxes will be able to recieve skyanytime plus in the near future,and that amstrad boxes are the only one being updated at the moment

Peter3468 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151342
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Did you manage to get Sky Anytime+ working on 2 boxes at the sametime?

I already had Sky Anytime+ working on a Sky+ HD box and then over Christmas added an additional Sky+ 1TB box.

Initially Sky Anytime+ was not working on the new 1TB.

After a phone call to Sky, Anytime+ started working on the 1TB box but stopped working on the Sky+ HD box.

Seems to imply that can only have it working on a single box at a time.

jonathanen is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Colindale
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub SR203 / 4.2
      Sky TV: Q 2TB & 4xMinis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peter3468 View Post
      Did you manage to get Sky Anytime+ working on 2 boxes at the sametime?

I already had Sky Anytime+ working on a Sky+ HD box and then over Christmas added an additional Sky+ 1TB box.

Initially Sky Anytime+ was not working on the new 1TB.

After a phone call to Sky, Anytime+ started working on the 1TB box but stopped working on the Sky+ HD box.

Seems to imply that can only have it working on a single box at a time.
      Finally!! I've got Sky Anytime+ working on both my Pace Sky+ HD boxes with self upgraded Maxtor / Seagate 1TB HDD as well my home network PCs surfing the internet & my Sony PS2 (getting PS3 when the prices goes down) online gaming with Maxtor 300GB HDD using HD Advance software all connected to the Internet and working all at the same time from the same Sky Broadband Unlimited package!

It has taken me 2 days of frustration, learning the hard way with self help option! I had to re-sort my home network wiring between the router and hub, re-wiring between the router and my Sky+ HB Box one by one, then back to original network setup and visa versa, back and fourth. Re-boot my Sky+ HD boxes, and still makes no difference!

But in the end, I've solved the problem and all that time it was only needed to make a few changes in the Sky Router Settings with Starting IP Address from the default setting of 192.168.0.2 to my new setting: 192.168.0.10 (as my last attempt of trying and thinking of any more ideas before giving up completely), then re-boot My Sky router (Netgear V1), waiting for all lights turned to Green and then I checked to see Sky Anytime+ is working on any Sky+ HD boxes one by one. Guess what??? It worked!! Both of them working are all at the same, at last!!

totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

I just plug in my Thomson HD box and Skyanytime + was already enabled on my muti-room box.I had anytime+ on my Amdrad box since start.So looks you can have it on two sky boxes at the same time.Looks like that I'm eating my hat as I didn't believe that sky were going to get the Thomsons boxes with Anytime+ software to work without any problems but it fine YUM YUM that was nice lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast