Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sky Anytime plus - thoughts and comments

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime plus - thoughts and comments within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Contacted Sky yesterday, they resent the signal and anytime+ is now working great....

Bornblue is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime plus - thoughts and comments

Contacted Sky yesterday, they resent the signal and anytime+ is now working great.

2. Advertisement
      totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgrenter View Post
      received my shiny new amstrad 1tb box today (replaced thomson for 149). loving new box-quicker!!!!! anytime plus seems to have lots of content, lenty of movies to sift through. seems a bit of a shock pressing red and going to an empty 'showcase' page, thought it wasnt working til i scrolled across to another option! only thing i find is that after normal anytime where there was less content to go through, it seems to take an age to look at all the things available , and yes i know about the 'all' page. minor gripe (too many programmes lol!), will get used to it over time.
      I got the same box as well and it very fast and love the LED as well at the front of the box.I also like AT+ and loooking forward to January 2011 when there be more content added there just waiting on some licensing issues to be sorted then we away can't wait.

freddo1981 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: northwood
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Connected Anytime+ up today. Have tested a few programmes and the quality is fine, if unremarkable. Having had Virgin Media in the recent past there is a certain sense of disappointment but as a complementary service I shouldn't complain much.

It would certainly benefit from having iPlayer, ITV player, 4OD and Demand Five as well as some HD. I suspect at some point these may be added but not for some time yet.

I can't seem to find any of the 'box sets' that I thought would be part of the service either.

Overall verdict: After all the wait and hype it is a bit of a let down. However, I can see it getting quite a bit of use on slow viewing days. I also believe it will get better, it HAS to get better. There is no way Sky would concede ground for too long with Virgin Media (TiVo) or the new YouView service due next year.

Undecided Adrian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Stevenage
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Especially as Virgin announced today an updated service with HD and 3D on their TiVo powered VOD.
      I'm a PC, and Windows 7 Backup saved my sanity when BitDefender imploded !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12