Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Sky Anytime plus wireless options...

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime plus wireless options... within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; do you think I need to reset the 'Enable DHCP ' box The trouble with that is you will get ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Anytime plus wireless options...

do you think I need to reset the 'Enable DHCP' box
      The trouble with that is you will get IP conflicts. Are you sure you are getting a wireless signal at your TV position? Can you move the Tenda into line of sight with your router and see if you can connect to it with a laptop or phone? Silly I know but can you also check that the wireless is enabled in your router? Are you able to connect to it with a laptop or phone?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      eltel53 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01293
      Broadband ISP: BT BB
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi guys can I join in on this please?

I am another W150 battler. My problem is that I would love to follow Isitime's plan but I cannot access the Tenda site in the link above and the disk with the unit has the documents in Chinese!

I did manage to get a connection to my Btinternet router but the STB had the following:
      Local Connection : OK
      System COnnection: Fail
      I.P 198.162.1.65
      DXCP: OFF
      After it searched and found it.
      What was the previous info around changing the Multiplexing to LLC? I cannot see how to do that anywhere on by BT Home Hub Router or anywhere on the W150.
      Any suggestions??
      Terry

Thanks

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

KaciRose is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Hi, Im completely new to this but really want the anytime+ and can't afford the 60 for skys box.
      I have a netgear DG934G Version 3, an Amstrad SkyHD+ Box and was wondering if i bought the Tenda W311r+ Access Point / Router / Extender would i be able to get it to work. Below is the link to the item I'm looking at buying.

Tenda Wireless-N150 Access Point / Router / Extender | Ebuyer.com

If that won't work would this:-
      TENDA 150Mbps PORTABLE WIRELESS AP/ROUTER W150M SKY HD ANYTIME WI FI CONNECTOR | eBay

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Just answered this to your other post: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-a...tml#post384607

Please don't post the same question in multiple threads, members do respond normally to the first one.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

KaciRose is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      Just answered this to your other post: http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-a...tml#post384607

Please don't post the same question in multiple threads, members do respond normally to the first one.
      Hi sorry about the double posting, i thought more info would help i did go back and try to delete the other one before but i couldn't find it. would the second option be easier for a complete newbie to set up??? because i thought i could just get a friend of mine to configure the ip settings etc (he has previously set up my router so knows a lil but not much) then plug it in sit it on top of my sky box run a cable from it to the skybox.

Thanks

In the other thread I asked what you were looking to do overall.

Some things which come to mind include the use of a long Ethernet cable, a pair of HomePlugs or are you looking to connect just the Sky+ HD STB via a WiFi connection?

Some popular, but admittedly more costly options, include:

• Pair of HomePlugs
      • Long Ethernet cable (actually cheaper if no complications are present)
      • WiFi Media Extender
      • WiFi Extender

HomePlugs tend to cost around 30-40. The tend to be simple to set up and mostly work very well.

An Ethernet cable can be up to 100m long. If you can't run in without getting in the way, perhaps you could fit a wall plate, and run a length up through the loft, back down where the TV/Sky+ HD STB is. You would then need two short lengths of Ethernet cable at each end to reach the router and Sky+ HD STB respectfully.

The WiFi Media Extender is a nice option. Sky sells one for around 60 but there are other options which come in at between 20-40.

A WiFi Extender would provide a new WiFi access point, as well as a LAN port which can be used by the Sky+ HD STB.

For each of the above options, if you need additional ports, then a Network Switch can be placed between them and the Sky+ HD STB, with other leads feeding say a TV, Blu-ray player or games machine. Network switches cost around 5-10 for a 5-Port switch.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

KaciRose (05-08-12)

Cyrano is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BT
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

I have read through the thread but cannot see anything about Macbook users rather than a PC.

BT Homehub 3.0 is in another room from Sky HD+ box and I am wondering what cheaper, alternatives do I have from Sky wireless adapter?

Thanks

Lots. It really depends on what you are planning in the long-term and your budget.

If you are looking at just a wireless connection for the Sky+ HD STB only, then a WiFi Media Bridge should be sufficient. They cost from around 30. The Netgear WNCE2001 is one of the cheapest and should be sufficient.

If you also want to connect your TV, Blu-ray, surround sound or something else beside your TV, then consider something that can offer you multiple LAN ports. Perhaps a pair of HomePlugs and a Network Switch. The HomePlugs will cost from around 30. Network Switches start from around 5-8.

Thanks

The cheapest is the Vonets - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vonets-VAP11.../dp/B0050AI804 Read the reviews

TomD

Useful Utilites

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast