Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

This is a discussion on Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Or this entire Thompson idea is nonsense and the boxes will be updated, along with those from Pace and Samsung, ...

Brian69 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kings Lynn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

Or this entire Thompson idea is nonsense and the boxes will be updated, along with those from Pace and Samsung, in due course.
      All this has a ring of EPG roll out about it, just wait your turn and it will happen.

2. Advertisement
      Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

As certain model & versions of Amstrad, Pace & Samsung have already been updated ( source: various forums ) , there is an ominous lack of activity on Thomsons. Maybe they're going to save the best for last ( as the song goes ). Let's see how it pans out.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

jcoles7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Amstrad DRX895
      Thanks

Hi All,

I also been speaking to SKY and as an early adopter I have one of the dodgy old Thomson box's and they have also confirmed to me after speaking to the "Technical Department" that the Thomson boxes will not work with Anytime + and it is not going to be possible for them to be updated to make this work.

I am waiting for a call back to discuss how I proceed. An email has been sent on my behalf to the Customer Services manger stating my annoyance about this.

Jason

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

One option they might give you is to offer you a 1TB box for 149 as that is what they are doing at the moment to people with these boxes.

lgrenter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

i rang the anytime+ dept last night and they confirmed to me that the thomson boxes would not be getting the upgrade.the person told me that there had been a meeting about this and they had been told to advise customers with one to talk to the upgrade dept concerning a cheap/free replacement. went to them and was told that this would cost me 259 for a standard hd or 309 for 1tb! voiced my displeasure at the price as this was higher than the sky website upgrade price! girl told me that she didnt know where i had this info from as the 249 price for the 1tb box did not exist!!!! went to cancellations and was finally sorted. given the option of either a free refurbished standard hd box or brand new 1tb self instal for 149. they told me that all early adopters that had the thomson had the 1tb option on their file but upgrades were not telling us this for some reason.it is the same offer that came in the post late last yr, i thought it had finished by now but cancellations told me that it was still available to thomson original sky owners who were seen as long term customers. new shiny 1tb should arrive next week (free postage!), and anytime+ was added to my account for the new box. result!!!!! sky should really advertise all of this to customers tho............

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lgrenter View Post
      ........sky should really advertise all of this to customers tho............
      They should, but they won't. If they did, they'd end up shelling out a lot of dosh on replacement boxes for Thomson owners in a mad dash for Anytime+ compatible boxes. Nope, they'll let sleeping dogs lie, and content themselves with dealing with a relatively small number of Thomson failures on a trickle basis.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

chrisalanwest is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: South Ockendon
      Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I, like most others on this thread have been very frustrated by the lack of Anytime+ for our Thomson HD boxes. I have been following in hope - holding my breath for a glimmer of hope.

I've just had a conversation with a very helpful lady at Sky and, after hanging up I hurriedly joined the forums as I wanted to post my findings...

The lady kept me on hold for a long time whilst she looked into my 'concerns'. When she came back she apologised for the delay but she wanted to confirm what she'd been told with several people before telling me...

"Your Sky HD box will receive the Anytime+ update BEFORE THE END OF THE MONTH"

I queried "end of the month" as it is already the 27th and she replied "only a few days to wait".

I apologised for making her say it again but she confirmed that she had checked the information was correct and that my Thomson box would be Anytime+ compatible by the end of October.

Off course I am very pleased but I do have a pinch of salt in my hand!

I hope this proves to be right and helps you guys. Perhaps if someone else speaks to them they could get this info confirmed?

Chris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chrisalanwest View Post
      ....... my Thomson box would be Anytime+ compatible by the end of October......

Don't bet on it.

mapster is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cosham
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

I have a Thomson HD box, which I upgraded to a 500gb drive, and for the most part it has behaved pretty well for 3 1/2 years. Yes, it's had recording failures and picture freezes but the number of times that has happened I can count on one hand.

So my question is, does anyone know why there maybe an issue with the A+ upgrade for Thomson boxes?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

So my question is, does anyone know why there maybe an issue with the A+ upgrade for Thomson boxes?
      Just a guess, but it may have something to do with it having component out and licensing. A previous post suggests that they may be upgraded, but anything anybody says on this subject should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It was given out on the Gospel according to Twitter that it would not work unless you used the official Sky router. This has already been demolished.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26-10-10, 03:47 PM
    2. 26-10-10, 02:38 PM