Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; I doubt it was a ploy, that doesn't make any sense. More likely they were hoping that they could impliment ...

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update

I doubt it was a ploy, that doesn't make any sense.

More likely they were hoping that they could impliment the rollout easily across the customer base but then hit a snag in terms of different makes not running it properly. Rather than delay things they decided to roll out a larger test using the most compatible receivers and iron out any other problems before letting everyone at it.

Either way, I rather they did this and I had to wait than they bricked my receiver and I was without everything...

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul.anthony View Post
      Exactly true! Well said!

I was one of those people that got told I would get A+ from launch.

Unfortunately, it would appear that there are some people in this forum, that just won't accept that this is what myself and many other people were told by sky customer services.

I agree with you that Sky made this problem for themselves by bringing the launch date forward unneccesarilly leaving people like myself that were told they would get it, NOT getting it. In my opinion, this was probably done deliberatley as a ploy to boost broadband sales in the run up to Christmas, even though it is now discovered that having broadband does not guranteee getting A+...
      You know, I went to Tesco's today as they had crate's of stella on offer for 5. Absolute bargain. Heard the ad on the radio, drove round there, saw the sign advertising it as i walked in, but lo and behold, they'd sold out.

But what gets me, is why aren't forums full of complaints when this happens, yet with anytime + it's like there's been a death.

Okay, so you're not getting the 'extras', but it's not like you've lost anything. At the end of the day it's no different to all those that can't get Sky LLU BB.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

It sounds to me as if you work for sky, otherwise why else do you keep defending them so much?

I love this statement - and the attitude of all these Sky bashers who nevertheless continue to fork out their subs every month .

Is it not possible to defend a company unless you work for them?

I am truly amazed at the level of criticism being levelled at Sky here over a completely free extra service designed to add value to customers' viewing experience.

I've had it a few days now and, while I can see the potential, it really is no great shakes. Why are people being so impatient here? There was never this level of foot stamping over the delivery of the new EPG and that was spread over the best part of a year!

Once HD, BBC iPlayer, HBO boxsets arrive, then by all means kick up a fuss if you can't get it but for goodness sake if you really do need this very minute then go buy a new box!

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Sorry, but i disagree with you.
      disagree all you want. I wrote the analogy, and thats not what it said.

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Please do not presume to tell me what I was or was not told. I do not have any hearing impairment and I am not stupid. I know exactly what I was told by Sky customer services on the 25th October, the day before the launch
      Fine. I'm not a mindreader. But I can read. In the post I replied to, you said
      I was not told this in January, I was told this only two weeks ago!
      .You started by implying you had been promised in January Anytime+ from launch, then changed it to being told 'only two weeks ago' when you took Sky Broadband. Now it's a call on Oct 25th, which you have only just mentioned!

You complained that nothing was said about a phased rollout before launch. I was pointing out that the official announcement was made 4 days before launch. That's a response to what you wrote, nothing more.

You were given bad advice by Sky CS. You aren't the first and won't be the last.

Binary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

look ... IF anyone from sky worked was on here the i highly doubt all this free speach would be on this thread.

the point is, anytime+ has been rushed, as the beginning sky were not that clear but now they are, they have stated FROM ...

and to add to that they have been unable to use common sense that it is fully possible to enable anytime+ on non skybb connections.
      Bugatti Veyron - One of the greatest engineering projects ever!

stevie300online is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Ordered Sky Anytime + last night and within 30 mins it was available on my box - brilliant, and a great number of movies now available for free. Well done Sky.

One question though; as the old Sky Anytime has been replaced, what has happened to the disk space that Sky used to reserve for Anytime? Any recordings from Anytime + now go directly onto my normal recorded programs area and so I will have lost a significant amount of space that I can no longer do anything with.

Not a major issue, but just wondered if anyone had the answer to this.

Many thanks

Exchange:
      Thanks

Old Anytime is stll there,it's called 'Showcase'. If you notice, the icons on the thumbnails show whether the program is already downloaded.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reddwarfcrew For This Useful Post:

stevie300online (30-10-10)

reech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Penn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
      and to add to that they have been unable to use common sense that it is fully possible to enable anytime+ on non skybb connections.
      Yes, it's possible - but they've chosen not to do it during this rollout phase. It's a sales tactic to get you to switch to Sky Broadband Unlimited. If you don't - you don't get Anytime+.
      ---reech---

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reech View Post
      Yes, it's possible - but they've chosen not to do it during this rollout phase. It's a sales tactic to get you to switch to Sky Broadband Unlimited. If you don't - you don't get Anytime+.
      Not quite. If it was a sales tactic, then people on Sky BB Connect would get Anytme+.

Quite simply it's down to QoS which they can control on their network. They are still testing non sky networks (incl Connect).

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast