Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; but remember rumours were from way back...

Binary is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update

but remember rumours were from way back
      Bugatti Veyron - One of the greatest engineering projects ever!

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
      but remember rumours were from way back
      Rumours do not form part of any contract I have heard of.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

paul.anthony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      Were you actually told in January that you would get Anytime+ as soon as it was available? If you were, you were the only one. The official announcement by Sky that Anytime+ would be available was only made on 2/6/10.
      It sounds to me as if you work for sky, otherwise why else do you keep defending them so much?

I was not told this in January, I was told this only two weeks ago! I was told by some Indian lady in a call centre that if I take out sky broadband in addition to my existing tv package and existing HD box then I would 100% definetly get anytime+ before anybody else.

Thousands of people were also told this same lie, not just me. Sky told me that they were rolling it out to people with sky broadband first, before anyone else. Sky never published any statements to me or anyone else about only only rolling it out to people with a 1tb box, or with updated software, not until after the launch date arrived!

What i was told is the same as what it said in the official press release on the sky website , it said that people with sky broadband will get anytime+ at launch, before anyone else, it said nothing about only those with a 1tb box or new software updates.

I was told that i would be able to log in to my account on 26th October and activate it, when i did that is when i found out there was a big problem as did many other sky users in my position. They kept this information until after the launch, until after many people had already been duped into taking out sky broadband to get a service they were promised from launch, only to find out that they would not actually get it from launch, unless you have a 1tb box or updated software.

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul.anthony View Post
      It sounds to me as if you work for sky, otherwise why else do you keep defending them so much?
      People can have different opinions you know. Ok, you have been badly treated but many haven't. Including people that don't work for Sky (surprise, surprise).

I was not told this in January, I was told this only two weeks ago! I was told by some Indian lady in a call centre that if I take out sky broadband in addition to my existing tv package and existing HD box then I would 100% definetly get anytime+ before anybody else.

Thousands of people were also told this same lie, not just me.
      Thousands? Do you have their names? Have they all contacted you personally?

What i was told is the same as what it said in the official press release on the sky website , it said that people with sky broadband will get anytime+ at launch, before anyone else, it said nothing about only those with a 1tb box or new software updates.
      There has been a lot of discussion on this point. No one, so far, has been able to find anything in writing to say Anytime+ would reach every box at launch. (Nothing to say it wouldn't either, but that's not the point. Hindsight and inference are wonderful things.)

I was told that i would be able to log in to my account on 26th October and activate it, when i did that is when i found out there was a big problem as did many other sky users in my position. They kept this information until after the launch.
      No, they stated on 22nd October - 4 days before launch - that "Sky Anytime+ will be rolled out to all Sky+HD boxes beginning from 26th October 2010." I think that is the first time the rolling programme was announced officially.

(My emphasis)

PS No, I don't work for Sky.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I don't work for Sky, never have done and never will do.

I was told this only two weeks ago! I was told by some Indian lady in a call centre that if I take out sky broadband in addition to my existing tv package and existing HD box then I would 100% definetly get anytime+ before anybody else.
      If you thought you were going to jump the queue on the word of some obscure agent, you must be very gullible.
      I think I have more right to be connected to Anytime+ than you, I have been a Sky HD subscriber and a Sky broadband user right from the start. Why should you who only got Sky a few months ago and broadband a few weeks ago get it before me? You probably will, as you have a newer box, but will I whinge and complain? No, I wont, because I realise the technology involved cannot be given to everyone with the flick of a switch, it has to be rolled out slowly to ensure it works properly. If you don't realise that, you have my sympathy.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I have a 1TB HD box, that is enabled, as in the software but cannot get Anytime + - Gutted.

On my way back to Sky Broadband next month anyway, as o2 is no longer that much cheaper and the difference is worth it anyway, just for the Anytime +
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Thanks

It seems clear to me that Sky are doing a phased roll out of Anytime+ and that currently they cannot give an exact timeline as it will depend on how things go during the roll out, if there are problems it may take longer etc, etc.

What would people have them do, just roll it out and wait for all the receivers to brick it and then loose everything or take their time and do it in batches starting with the easiest first???

It also seems sensible to limit the initial roll out to Sky LLU customer only as only they offer a truly unlimited BB and it will be easier for them to check the connection if the customer is having problems, the last thing they need is 100's of customer ringing up to complain about the Anytime+ when it is actually the BB connection at fault.

With many of the none Sky ISP's having a low monthly download allowance, it won't take much to push customers over it, and if you have PAYG then this could work out at a very costly price, better to limit this now to Sky LLU customers and then make it VERY clear to everyone else what the consequences are.41 minutes ago Delete Post

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SadBloke View Post
      No, they stated on 22nd October - 4 days before launch - that "Sky Anytime+ will be rolled out to all Sky+HD boxes beginning from 26th October 2010." I think that is the first time the rolling programme was announced officially.
      Please do not presume to tell me what I was or was not told. I do not have any hearing impairment and I am not stupid. I know exactly what I was told by Sky customer services on the 25th October, the day before the launch .

I made a telephone call to Sky, in person, on the evening of Monday 25th October to ask about anytime+ and I was told that I would be able to log in to my account from 9am on the 26th October and activate the anytime+ service from my account.

I was not told that I would not be able to activate the service by Sky customer services. I only found out there was a big problem when I went to "activate" the service myself as instructed. They must have known on Monday that there was going to a problem with me activating the service but they deliberately kept this information about the HD box quiet until after the launch date.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by indefatigable View Post
      your inference of that analogy is wrong.
      Sorry, but i disagree with you.
      Last edited by paul.anthony; 29-10-10 at 09:25 PM.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Binary View Post
      some people were told that everyone can use A+ from launch, it seems the launch was brought forward, thus leaving full compatability accross the range of boxes incomplete.
      Exactly true! Well said!

I was one of those people that got told I would get A+ from launch.

Unfortunately, it would appear that there are some people in this forum, that just won't accept that this is what myself and many other people were told by sky customer services.

I agree with you that Sky made this problem for themselves by bringing the launch date forward unneccesarilly leaving people like myself that were told they would get it, NOT getting it. In my opinion, this was probably done deliberatley as a ploy to boost broadband sales in the run up to Christmas, even though it is now discovered that having broadband does not guranteee getting A+...

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast