Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; You are no worse of than the hundreds of thousands who have Pace or Samsung boxes and better of than ...

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Sky Anytime + (PLUS) roll out update

You are no worse of than the hundreds of thousands who have Pace or Samsung boxes and better of than Thomson owners who are not sure if they will ever get the update.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

2. Advertisement
      paul.anthony is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

It may be true that I am no worse off than others with Pace, Samsung or Thomson boxes...

However, I believe that I may now be entitled to a brand new HD box because mine is still covered by the statutory 12 month warranty/guarantee. I purchased my Amstrad HD box in January 2010 before Sky began giving them away for free.

My HD box is less than 12 months old, so should it be replaced for free due to containing defective software/hardware? Are Sky legally obliged by the terms of the statutory 12 month warranty/guarantee to replace my HD box with one that does contain comapatible software/hardware for the anytime+ service?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

My HD box is less than 12 months old, so should it be replaced for free due to containing defective software/hardware? Are Sky legally obliged by the terms of the statutory 12 month warranty/guarantee to replace my HD box with one that does contain comapatible software/hardware for the anytime+ service?
      I don't think you are understanding. You box is compatible and will be upgraded in due course, the same as all the others with the possible exception of Thomsons.

"Unfortunately your current HD box is not compatible with the new service. Although you do have an unlimited Broadband package and a TV subscription, the version of your box, 4F30A3, cannot receive the service. A software download would not resolve this"
      This is complete and utter rubbish.
      If that were the case none of the previous boxes would be compatible.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

indefatigable is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: BB tech Support + Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paul.anthony View Post
      I bought a brand new car 6 months ago. last week, a new model came out, the exact same as mine, but with a new CD/MP3 player system. However, they will be doing free upgrades to existing car in 6 months.

As my car is still within warranty, is the car company legally obliged to give me a car with the new player in it now?

Of course not. Don't be stupid.

Your box is going to be upgraded, free of charge. They have no obligation whatsoever to provide you with a different box.

Scy
      Scy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

should i just grin and bear it until they "roll out" the new service?
      Crikey, there's a lot of this kind of reaction in this thread. Where is it written that Sky are obliged to provide everyone with Anytime Plus from day one? Sky's line is that they're gradually rolling out the service to all of the different boxes, and I see no reason not to take them at their word. This is a perfectly sensible way to introduce such a complex new service, by making sure that the update is performing as expected while they gradually increase the number of people who are using it. In this way, if Sky come across any problems during the rollout they can address those issues before they continue to increase the user base.

Unfortunately, this means that some people (like myself) will have to wait a while until they can access the service. Patience is a virtue, people.

SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

I believe that I may now be entitled to a brand new HD box because mine is still covered by the statutory 12 month warranty/guarantee. I purchased my Amstrad HD box in January 2010 before Sky began giving them away for free.

Were you told in January that you would receive Anytime+ from October? The only official announcements from Sky state that Anytime+ is being rolled out from October 26, so your box, within that definition, appears fit for purpose.

Exchange:
      Thanks

You three people above have made some fair comments about warranty and availablity of anyime+, which i accept. However, in my opinion, the true situation about anytime+ availablity is not made crystal clear or advertised clearly enough on the sky website.

It states on several of the Sky pages that if you already have Sky TV, HD, Broadband and wireless/ethernet set-up then you have EVERYTHING you need to activate anytime+.

If you do not already have all of these products then the sky anytime+ webpage directs you to the shop page where you can add the products you need to become eligible for it. Well I DO already have all of these products and I can NOT activate anytime+. Therefore it is a false or misleading advertisement.

The advert/webpage should contain the correct and truthful information stating that:
      "Pace, Thomson, Samsung, Amstrad DRX780UK, and any other HDbox with software version 4F30A3 or older are NOT yet compatible with SkyAnytime+"[/I]
      This information is not given to the customer in the advert/webapge and so it is a false or misleading advertisement.

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I have got the DRX780UK SKY+H
      That is the same one that I have and perhaps unlike your good self I am prepared to wait and wait if needs be. Sky have stated that most boxes will be updated by the end of the year with the rest to be done early next year so what is the rush as I simply don't understand why people both on here and other sites think they have an automatic right to have this new service from day one, I have even seen other people saying they are leaving Sky because of it - that is just plainly daft.

You are right about a page somewhere about the boxes though, they do have their own forum now so perhaps they should use that.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alan b View Post
      I simply don't understand why people both on here and other sites think they have an automatic right to have this new service from day one, I have even seen other people saying they are leaving Sky because of it - that is just plainly daft.
      Totally agree. Some of the comments have been down right aggressive. Really makes no sense.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Lets look at an analogy that was used against me earlier by someone in a post above about buying a new car. If you went to buy a new car, and the salesman told you: "buy this new car, take our warranty, take our service plan and I promise that I will upgrade your car with all the extras for free"

So you buy the car, take out the warranty and take out the service plan, but then you are given the car several days later, and find out that it is without the extras. Then the salesman tells you, "oh sorry i forgot to mention you wont get the extras yet for about 3-6 months time, sorry"

What would you do? Would you complain and ask where the extras were that you were promised? Would you want some money back? Or would say oh well never mind, I'll just wait six months and see what happens? More fool you if you let the salesman just take you fort a mug! The salesman has a legal obligation to provide you with the free extras there and then as was promised/advertised at the time of purchase.

Well, the same analogy applies to Sky. They are telling customers to buy sky tv, buy hd or new black box, buy broadband and then they will give you anytime+ thrown in as an extra for free. Well this just is not true, they dont tell you that you will have to wait six months for it until after you have gone ahead and bought the products from them and that is what is false and misleading. They are not sticking to their obligations.

If you were given the new car without the free extra's you would not be happy or prepared to wait and wait and wait and wait to receive them. You'd want to complain and get a partial refund or some compensation. You'd contact watchdog of the C.A.B for legal advice. Well the same is true of Sky. Sky are not giving everyone the free extras that they promised they would in the advertisement. They have not kept to their promise.

People have a right to feel aggressive and angry for being duped to and lied to by Sky because of this. Some people may not feel this way, but you should not bad mouth those of us that do feel let down by Sky. Stop pretending that Sky is "god" or "king" or "above it all". They are not.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast