Preview the new series online - next week!
While we're sure the date of 22nd September has long been etched in your brains as the Dave transmission date of the first episode of Red Dwarf XI
, we just wanted to give you all a reminder that there's a special opportunity to watch Twentica
a week early - as the episode will be available on the on-demand UKTV Play service from next Thursday, 15th September
UKTV Play is the exclusive - and entirely free - on-demand platform for UKTV's various channels and original programming. It's available as an app for iOS and Android devices, as a direct web browser-based experience, and on select TV provider platforms (check your individual service for availability).
Each episode of Red Dwarf XI
will be available on the platform a week before its "live" TX date, and for a set period afterwards - so you don't need to panic if you can't be in front of a telly on the night of the show (although obviously, it's a lot more fun if you do also get yourself in front of a telly for it!) But there are a few points that you should bear in mind in advance of the big day:
- At present, the time at which the episode will be available to view isn't yet confirmed. Check the UKTV site on the day to see if and when it's available!
- As you'll already be aware, Red Dwarf is a big show, with loads of fans. So there's a chance that the demand may - may - cause the site to run more slowly than usual. If you experience problems, just wait a few minutes and then try again.
- But the team at UKTV have been working really hard to make sure the site is even more robust than Starbug - so please don't get too frustrated if you have any connection issues. They will be working on it! But if you want to talk to them, you can contact viewer enquiries.
- Lots of people trying to view the episode at once may - may - cause the site to crash. If you experience problems, just wait a few minutes and then try again.
- But the team at UKTV have been working really hard to make sure the site is even more robust than Starbug - so please don't get too frustrated if you have any connection issues. They will be working on it!
- Keep an eye on the @UKTVPlay Twitter account for any service issues.
- Do remember that the UKTV Play service is UK-only - if you try to access from abroad, you won't be able to view the show. We'll have more news on international transmissions and digital availability as soon as there's news to share!
- Like most broadcasters, UKTV Play has a registration system in place - and you'll need to register before you can view the show. We'd suggest doing so as soon as you're able to beforehand, so that you can go straight in on the 15th!
- And don't forget, if you can't get online to view the ep, it will be on Dave at 9pm on Thursday 22nd September.
Less than a week to go - we hope you enjoy the episode as much as the preview audiences in Manchester, Edinburgh and London have done so far! And don't forget to tweet along with @RedDwarfHQ
- as well as sharing your thoughts (subject to our spoiler policy!) on the chat forum
And come back here next Thursday - not
Friday! - for the latest Series XI updates!