Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Limewire Help plz :(

This is a discussion on Limewire Help plz :( within the P2P / File sharing forums, part of the General chat category; Hiya hope you can help me... I don't know what package im on but I have the 3 things for ...

Mapoo1984 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Limewire Help plz :(

Hiya hope you can help me...

I don't know what package im on but I have the 3 things for 26 offer... I think its Connect.

The problem is I have moved from AOL and never had problem with downloads on P2P's "Limewire" mostly... Moving over to Sky has made me have problems, whenever I try to download a file it starts from 1kb and goes to 5kb and goes back to 0kb and has no connection until it starts on 1kb again. I have looked at how to setup Ports for this, tried it but I havn't a clue. I did add something but didn't work. Anyone know how I can get this to work so that my downloads on Limewire can be back to normal, on AOL I could download like @ around 100kb on Limewire Im on a 4meg connection on Sky.

If you could help me that would be gr8...

I also get big Jumps when downloading on a Website such as: Download.com any download link starts at 430kb and jumps straight to 0kb then back to 360 then to 10kb then to 256 then 0kb... its really wierd... I'ved contacted Sky about downloads they have sent something to Bt so they said and will contact me but Sky said they would contact me once and never did.

anyone know why I get these rubbish speeds?

My Router Stats are gr8 & my speed tests are gr8 too...

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Limewire Help plz :(

When were you connected?

If less than 10 days Connect takes 10 days to achieve the best speed for your line. Wait the ten days and then measure things as until that time has passed its pointless.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Aw thanx for telling me, I have phoned Sky a few times and they all like conflicting with each other, some said wait 10 days but I thought this 10 days was for MAX Products only, and the man I spoke to today said that I don't have 10 days to wait, So I just don't know where I am with Sky.

I hope it does settle, but my Downloads are totally rubbish Especially on Limewire and I get freezin up on websites etc.

At the moment I'm not very happy with the Service,

Customer Services - are gr8 with Registrations & Setting up but when it comes to anything Technical - they are Diabolical

stephens is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The only 10 day training period is on Connect.

I would think you are on the Mid package. I was under the impression that there were only problems with p2p speeds on the Connect package.

From what you have stated there is a problem with your connection and not just with Limewire. It appears limewire is connecting to peers, but then they get cut off when your connection slows to 0kb.

Has you exchange been activated by sky, because this will determine whether you are on Mid or Connect

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well yeh it was Activated 26th January but I didn't get my router till 30th January, they said im on a Connect package at a reduce price of 5 instead of 17... but oh I dunno...

anyway i'm gonna phone tomorrow I think im gonna get myself a Mac Code they said I can have one.

Just dunno who to go with, I've heard good & bad comments about Virgin, I've been using virgin.net's dial up and its been good but as for the Broadband I don't know much about that... but I do know someone who has been with the 5 years and swears by em... and wouldnt go elsewhere so she says...

I have 2 days of my cooling off period...

The main thing I hate about Sky is the Router its so damb tricky to put ports in etc cuz they never work for such as MIRC I hate it... and also I prefer just a normal Login & password to connect to the net...

I hate this stupid "Hide & Seek" they have done...

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I dont think the router is tricky at all, I dont like they way they have hidden things. This is easily fixed by putting the original netgear firmware onto it though. I know you have to add ports to allow access for your known programs, but this is the same with many routers. It is all there for safety.

I think if your go to another company with an up to 8mb speed you will experience the same problems, as you will be connected to the same service from BT. That is if the problem lies with the package as I fear it might.

Let us know how you get on

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well lol this is wierd, I phoned Sky up right and asked for a Mac Code, he said right this will Cease your Broadband... and I was like noooooo cuz I dont think i will change service, its just incase and he said "It only ceases your broadband when you give you Mac Code to your other Provider" anyway thats fine, but Bt are checkin my line apperently but at moment its reached Tech 3 in sky he told me.

Tonight after the call ended with Sky, About a hour later, my speeds have gone fast and Limewire workin gr8 and Mirc workin gr8 too... This is a Miracle LOL I hope it stays this way... @ this rate this is the most stable connection I've had yet... up to now happy, and I am stayin with Sky Broadband "@ this moment in time " lol

Let ya know if anything else comes of it...

Thanx for ya comments Steve & Others

kbv1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: VM XL 20mb
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

so how did they sort the problem out, any idea?

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

<<<kbv1: so how did they sort the problem out, any idea? >>>

Well Kbv1 - I wish I could answer you that Question, I really don't have a clue, I know that they had sent my phone number to be checked to Bt, wheather Bt fixed it I do not know. But hey not botherd now, as long as it stays this way. As I was about a few seconds of goin bk to AOL or some other Isp... but nah im stayin with Sky now "up 2 now"...

"I'll say its a Miracle LOL"

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Glad its all worked out now, What speed are you synced at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast