Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems With Torrents

This is a discussion on Problems With Torrents within the P2P / File sharing forums, part of the General chat category; Hey ive had sky for about hmm... a month or 2 and ive been noticing that my torrent speed on ...

davison89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Nertherly
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Problems With Torrents

Hey ive had sky for about hmm... a month or 2 and ive been noticing that my torrent speed on (Azureus) isn't going any higher than 30 KB per second and average is under 10 KB per second, tried all the tutoriols for forwarding ports but still no luck, ive even unistalled Azureus tried another software for Torrents and still the same happens, ive even tried to change the ports... same thing happens, realy starting to annoy me, i have connect (meant to be upgrading auto) but i can only get 8MB because my line doesnt support it here are my stats

System Up Time 24:42:45
      Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collisions Tx B/s Rx B/s Up Time
      WAN PPPoA 2101841 2406453 0 5254 16335 24:42:24
      LAN 10M/100M 4677 0 0 8 0 24:42:43
      WLAN 11M/54M 2380942 2128003 0 16687 5606 24:42:33

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
      Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
      Line Attenuation 33.0 db 20.0 db
      Noise Margin 14.8 db 21.0 db

This is getting me so angry because it takes more than a day to download files that are 300 MB + on torrents.. realy realy annoying, is there any one who can help me. also i noticed on the site (Netgears) they have a Firmware download availible higher than the one that i got with my router, should i upgrade or not, i read some where if you upgrade its against skys T&C what you guys think... get back to me please thanks alot for your help!

Oh and also heres the nearest Exchange from my house http://www.samknows.com/broadband/ex...hp?ecode=LVNET should i ring sky and tell them to take me to max? thanks
      Last edited by davison89; 20-11-06 at 02:12 PM.

2. Advertisement
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Just called sky of the 0800 number... they said sky Max is availible in my area but they havnt update the sky system so i can't get it just yet, also i asked about torrents they guy seem like he was just going along with me, didnt realy know much but i said is it just the router is it torrent friendly and he said yeh that could be your case... idiotic customer service sky need to get there act together, but can anyone still help me with the torrents?

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Sorry but you're on Connect which appears to have some form of traffic shaping for torrents and P2P.

The only thing you can do is use a torrent client which supports encrypted traffic and select enforced - also use a high number non standard port.

You may find this increases your speeds.

PS. your profile says you are on Base. Please change it to avoid confusion.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

ok mate i will thanks for the help guess ill just wait a week or 2 till i can get Max lets hope if i leave my computer on till then all my downloads will be finished LOL, ill change the thing now sorry it was my first post

markmgk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: downpatrick
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      I use Azureus too and read on here

http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/showt...?t=5673&page=2

that if you turn on the encryption to RC4 and check the 2 boxes below it works. I`m now getting speeds of upto 150kbps.(not great I know, but better than nothing. I was seeing speeds of 250 on my old 2 meg wanadoo connection)