Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Torrent is my only problem.

This is a discussion on Torrent is my only problem. within the P2P / File sharing forums, part of the General chat category; You are on the Connect package and they are traffic shaping (or so the "rumour" goes)......

Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      You are on the Connect package and they are traffic shaping (or so the "rumour" goes)...

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      If they are traffic shaping torrent and P2P traffic on Connect (and it looks very likely) then the only potential way of overcoming this is to use a client which allows forced encryption of the traffic.

Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Thanks
      Like Azureus...

inabsentia is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Gurner View Post
      1. Go to router page, ie 192.168.0.1, then on the left hand side, click on services, add custom service, call it utorrent, or whatever, and then add the start port as 13349 and the finish port as 13349 (leave the type as TCP)

2. Once that is applied, go to firewall rules, click add for outbound services, and in the top drop down box, have your utorrent, or whatever you named it, set the action box to allow always, leave everything else as it is, and click Apply.

3. Next go to inbound services, and "add", again, have service as utorrent or whatever you called it, action - allow always, and then send to LAN server add 192.168.0.2 (to get the ip adress of the PC you are using, go start>run> type cmd, this will bring up a DOS prompt, type ipconfig and enter, this will display among other things, your ip adress), again leave all other boxes as they are, and apply this.
      OK with 1

On 2- as it is now set up after putting the torrent info in, it had the defaults as allow everything inbound (enable YES_service name ANY_action ALLOW ALWAYS_lan users ANY_wan users ANY_log NEVER) and outbound it looks like this(enable YES_service name ANY_action BLOCK AlLWAYS_ lan users ANY_wan users ANY_log NEVER)..does that seem right?

On 3- IP Config isn't giving me any external IP, though in my Router status, but I can see-under ADSL Port an IP address and then a gateway IP address-am I putting one of those in or the 192.168.0.2? I've used the latter and I'm now getting 'Green Light' on u torrent, so I assume that was what I needed to do?

degsy_2001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

help

iv try'd evry bit port fowarding help on this site and my speed's are still s**t im maxing out at 20kbs please help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12