Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie

This is a discussion on UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie within the P2P / File sharing forums, part of the General chat category; UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie - ISPreview UK A group of Hollywood movie ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,224 Times in 2,093 Posts

UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie

UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie - ISPreview UK
      A group of Hollywood movie studios have successfully won a case in London’s High Court that will require all of the country’s major broadband ISPs to block their customers from accessing the following websites – Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie. All were found to be facilitating Internet copyright infringement (piracy).

The ruling means that big ISPs like Sky Broadband, BT, Virgin Media and TalkTalk, which did not contest the case, can now expect to receive a court order requiring them to block access to the sites under Section 97A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act. The blocking action itself is expected to begin as soon as this week.
      A Spokesperson for the Federation Against Copyright Theft said (Torrentfreak):

FACT and the Motion Picture Association (MPA) wrote to four websites asking them to stop infringing creative content. Collectively, these sites provide access to an enormous collection of films with no permission from the copyright owners. FACT, supported by the MPA, therefore took this court action.”
      However critics of website blocking systems frequently warn that such approaches remain both easy to circumvent and may thus only serve to promote the existence of such websites. At the same time related sites usually find ways around such blocks, which can involve moving domains / hosts, using shared IP addresses in their DNS table (i.e. tricks the filters into blocking legitimate websites on the same IP) and setting up their own proxy servers. Credits to Recombu for spotting this.
      Comment: Hmmm....

UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie-desktop_whac_a_mole_3.jpg

2. Advertisement
      coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Lede on ECI Modem/pfSense
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Re: UK Court Orders Big ISPs to Block Megashare, Viooz, Watch32 and Zmovie

I'm glad that some very clever people are working on some very clever systems that will put an end to these morons looking at shutting down servers as a viable alternative to updating their business model.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to coipu For This Useful Post:

fluke (12-03-14)

fluke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

But more realistic pricing of Cinemas, DVD's CD's etc won't help will it.

==========
      Regards
      Dave

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
      But more realistic pricing of Cinemas, DVD's CD's etc won't help will it.
      No it would not matter if the price of a DVD was brought down to £1, there would still be many who would want it free.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Thanks

Agreed, but follow that thought through: those who want it free wouldn't buy at any price so there was never going to be a sale and therefore no revenue lost; those that would buy if more affordable would be making additional sales.

Then it's down to simple economics i.e getting the balance between increased sales and diluted revenue per sale to achieve the same (or better) profit.

No-one surely can defend the current situation of a business model left behind by the digital and global economy age, propped up by heavyweight political lobbying such that a civil crime (copyright) becomes a criminal act. Quite ridiculous. At least TV licence "dodging" is rightly being considered for decriminalisation, as this should be.
      jrfer and gymno like this.

coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Lede on ECI Modem/pfSense
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Buy a legit game/download song/movie and they hobble the life out of it with drm/server checks/locked to 1 device and release it in stages across regions at ridiculous markup etc etc... get pirate version.. nothing I for one would happily pay either monthly or per item if it was available immediately worldwide and at a reasonable/fair price. I'm watching some fantastic US series at the minute that won't even be mentioned in this country for another year until the makers agree with providers over here how much to fleece us for.

Thanks

I think this quote is quite applicable:

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
      Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Read more at Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein at BrainyQuote

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

fluke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Sydenham
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks
      My point was it could help. But never stop ot.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

==========
      Regards
      Dave

Thanks

I am sure that the reduction of DVDs in the shops is helping. You can now pick up a whole range of old DVDs for as little as £3 each in many superstores or on-line.

If anything though these price changes have virtually killed the selling of DVDs in car boot sales.

IMHO the big music and film producers are still wanting to use the same old practices that they have always used. They are ripping off the public and ripping off the artists. Just look at how things are promoted.

Why do we always have to have good looking singers and groups? Do less handsome men sound so bad? Does a woman who is overweight lose the ability to sing?

The complain that music sales are down, yet no one actually looks at the content of the music.

As for sales, the business model has changed, but we still get the same old rubbish. Apple, having previously been told off for price fixing with the Book industry, is now trying to get exclusive rights to new records:

Apple is asking record labels for exclusive iTunes releases - latimes.com
      Apple contends streaming services such as Spotify and Beats Music have begun to cannibalize download sales on iTunes.

Apple Inc. has begun pressuring the major record companies to offer new releases exclusively through its iTunes store — a move that would initially block availability on streaming services such as Spotify or Beats Music, according to several people familiar with the matter.

Apple executives contend that on-demand music services have begun to cannibalize download sales, and its representatives are demanding the labels create a period reserved for digital purchasing.

Music industry insiders, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals from the industry's dominant retailer, said Apple's push for a new release window — similar to the one that some Hollywood studios impose for films newly released for home viewing — shows the Cupertino, Calif., tech giant is scrambling to retain its competitive advantage in an evolving digital music market...

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Apple Inc. has begun pressuring the major record companies to offer new releases exclusively through its iTunes store
      Surely the big bad judges in USA will consider this monopolistic and never allow it. Do Apple really think they are the only ones who should have the right to supply music?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast