Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Friends and family code (LOL)

This is a discussion on Friends and family code (LOL) within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; It seems to me that the majority of people on here seem ****** off with people asking for friends and ...

titanx is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01723
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Friends and family code (LOL)

It seems to me that the majority of people on here seem ****** off with people asking for friends and family codes. I am one of them' i wouldn't have even know about the codes if it wasn't mentioned from a thread on detailingworld. Everyone enjoys something for nothing' if people feel so strongly then stop giving out codes period. This forum is exactly like detailingworld in its atitude to newbies but i will always try to help anyway i can rather than just make stupid comments' i did not write this to stir trouble up but to give feedback.
      Regards jay

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,242 Times in 2,105 Posts

Re: Friends and family code (LOL)

Keeping it simple:

When someone has a few codes to offer, they post a request for people to send a PM (Personal Message).

Due to it being so popular, within a couple of days all the codes will have gone normally.

Even when a message to this effect has been posted, some people persist is posting their email address on a public forum, requesting a code to be sent to them.

The instructions were in the original post.

If anyone else has a set of codes that they wish to giveaway, then no one is stopping them.

It would be nice if others could follow the simple instructions and not blitz the forum with requests in numerous threads (yes the same person will post in 3, 4 or more threads) requesting that someone send them a code.

Just like some people would be annoyed if someone posted a request for help with their Sky STB in 4 different posts in a space of 10 minutes, I think it is quite understandable that when simple instructions are not followed, people get upset.
      bigj2552 likes this.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

titanx (02-10-11)

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Friends and family code (LOL)

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~