Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Deal or No Deal? - Not impressed

This is a discussion on Deal or No Deal? - Not impressed within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Had a call from Sky over the weekend offering me Movies & Sports half price for 6 Months. They caught ...

dera2005 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Smile Deal or No Deal? - Not impressed - ***RESOLVED***

Had a call from Sky over the weekend offering me Movies & Sports half price for 6 Months.

They caught me just as i was flying out the door so didn't have time to talk to them.

The Woman advised that she worked in retentions and saw i was only on basic package and i was valid for this offer.

I explained i was too busy to discuss now and could i call back. She advised that i could but have to within 30 days otherwise the offer will expire.

I called back yesterday and advised I would like to take up the offer of half price movies and sports.

The adviser i spoke to said that she could see an offer was going to be applied but wasn't completed. I told her that i was informed I could call back within 30 days and the offer would be left on the account.

The adviser said that they are usually one time offers and have to usually have to be applied at the time of call.

I asked if i could speak to the adviser that I spoke to on Sunday and she replied no since the person who called called from an outgoing call centre and cannot receive incoming calls.

I said surely if you can see an offer was going to be applied what the offer was and apply it now ?

she reckons she cant. I guess its my fault for not accepting the offer there and then but she shouldn't of told me that i can call back within 30 days if she didn't make a note that it can be left open for 30 days.

I asked also if i can speak to retentions and I was also told no since i am still in contract and there is nothing they can do.

She did say if i was to take skys phone service she can give me 3 months free line rental though.

I rejected this offer.

I feel let down by sky - i have been a long standing customer and get offered something then it taken away.

Not too sure if anything can be done.

Any Thoughts. ??

Thanks .
      Last edited by dera2005; 20-02-11 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Updated titled to show resolved.

2. Advertisement
      SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Re: Deal or No Deal? - Not impressed

email jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com. His office will call you and you should get your offer (plus more if I were you - half price off everything sounds reasonable)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SadBloke For This Useful Post:

dera2005 (09-02-11)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks SB i will do that and post back how i get on. Hopefully i will get a better response than the usual customer service

Exchange:
      Thanks

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you all,

Just wanted to give a quick update i emailed Jeremy and got a response the next day someone called me back and said he had looked at my complaint and apologized for what happened.

They have applied the following to my account

free service for 3 months and then offered me what Sadbloke suggested half price everything for a year after the initial 3 months.

so this brings my total bill down to 27.50 a month for sky world - sky bb unlimited hd subscription and multiroom.

I am well impressed but just disappointed that it had to go to such a high level to get a resolution.

Thanks again sadbloke and to this forum.