Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Any way to get the sky+ install waved and not take multi room?

This is a discussion on Any way to get the sky+ install waved and not take multi room? within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; We've been with sky for about 3 years now (not long compared to most others i know). We have been ...

tommyukuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLMOS
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Any way to get the sky+ hd install fee waved and not take multi room?

We've been with sky for about 3 years now (not long compared to most others i know). We have been looking at upgrading to hd, but i really don't want to have to pay for the box or to install it.. and certainly don't want a multi room sub.. Dont mind at all paying the 10 sub for the channels but does anyone have any codes or ways we could get it waved without resorting to cancelling (as a last resort). We're currently paying around 65 to 75 a month for the 6 subs, line rental, calls and max bb at 10.. which is a lot considering if we signed up again as a new customer we could get everything were getting now, inc a free sky+ hd box and install for 53 a month..

any help would be greatly appreciated

tom.

edit: just contacted them basically saying nicely that we needed to cut costs, and if they couldnt give us a good offer to stay, we'd cancel everything.. and all i got back was.. well i can take 5 mixes off your package, and move you onto our lowest bb, thats about it. nothing more at all.. grrr so annoying!!!

I know its a long shot but i dont suppose anyone has a code to wave the install fee at all?
      Last edited by tommyukuk; 17-02-10 at 05:49 PM. Reason: addition

2. Advertisement
      nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

Re: Any way to get the sky+ install waved and not take multi room?

if you have sky+ at present then you can ask for a DIY install which costs 30 for them to send you out a box and just swap over the lnb cable feeds and power-up and then phone sky to pair the card
      if you only have a standard skybox then you will need new double cable so worth paying for install and get engineer to put up a new dish to get your moneys-worth

Thanks

We have sky+ atm had it about 2 years or so now.. i just dont want to have to pay the 30 install free.. when you read about so many people who have managed to get the box and fees waved etc..

Smithy99 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Irby
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Nothing is free, sooner or later you will be paying for it, 30 is not a bad price considering what you will get.

sky_ is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

The simple answer to your question is no.

The Sky+HD box is free at the moment when taking the HD Pack at 10/Month for 12 Months for new and existing customers. 30 is not a bad price for install considering exisiting customers normally pay 60 for install.

Did you not get an offer when you initially signed up at first as do all customers who join Sky...Just because the offer is better this time than last time doesn't mean that you are entitled to it.

Thanks

Nope we've never received any offers from sky.. when we signed up it was just normal sky with 1 mix, then a few weeks later we added the other 5 mixes, then upgraded to the sky+ but about a month after that, never received anything free or discounted..

the only reason i was asking as i read in another post someone had sent the op a code so they could upgrade to the sky+ hd and get the install fee waved that's all..