Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Any Sky+ HD coupons/tricks or deals please?.

This is a discussion on Any Sky+ HD coupons/tricks or deals please?. within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I would like Sky+ HD, I know my subscription will get an extra 10 or so per month on top ...

3rdDeath is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208
      Broadband ISP: O2
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Any Sky+ HD coupons/tricks or deals please?.

I would like Sky+ HD, I know my subscription will get an extra 10 or so per month on top but was very excited when someone told me that they have had Sky+HD box and installation FREE.

I called Sky and they said the HD box is only FREE for NEW members!
      I had to pay for the box AND installation! I am sure it's just a swap over of the box, I'd keep the same cables, power adapter etc

WTF! joined Sky back in 1999 and have had them ever since apart from 3 years ago I joined NTL they switched to Virgin, I lost Sky 1 so switched back to Sky so I have been with them a very very long time and thought they would have had some sort of deal for us "old" customers.

2. Advertisement
      joss is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Adwick-le-Street
      Broadband ISP: sky max
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HDmultiroom
      Thanks

Re: Any Sky+ HD coupons/tricks or deals please?.

HA ! Welcome to the world of sky, where the new customer is king, and the old customer is forgotten.

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

I think that a HD box is free to existing customers as well (30 install) if you agree to have both the HD pack and Sky movies for 12 months. Look online at my sky. It certainly says that. All I need is a HD TV, oh well

Thanks

On the Sky.com website there is an option on the right (little box advert) for new AND existing customers for a FREE HD box with 30 installation (with new contract blah blah)

Ive clicked the "Replace box with Sky+HD box", put my details in and it says I have to pay 49.99 for the box! PLUS the 30 for installation. I called Sky and they said "We can not offer web offers to customers over the phone"

I understand this but I am not getting the web offer, the advert is basicaly lying to me I told the operator lol, no help at all from Sky, do they not want my satisfaction or is my money more to them than that? lol

###UPDATE###
      I just tried it all again a minute ago, the price has now changed but NOT for the better lmao!
      I pick "Swap current box with Sky+HD" click I undnerstand it's a new contract + 9.98 extra per month and here's what they want.

One-Off Costs
      Sky+HD box - 49.00
      Standard Set Up - 60.00
      Total One-off Costs - 109.00
      Last edited by 3rdDeath; 06-11-09 at 01:26 PM.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

I have a voucher for a free Sky+HD box and free standard setup if you want it.

Juts PM me and I will send you the code.

As an existing customer you would have to resign for another 12 months, and also pay the 10 pm HD subscription.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Excellent, many many thanks NewsreadeR, PM sent my friend.
      The kids are going to be over the moon with the HD line up this Christmas.

Thanks again,

Sean

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

No worries, its a bargain at that price.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Thanks

Bargain? it was unbeatable mate, more than a bargain thank you very much indeed!

I phoned but as the bank account the DD comes out of is in the wifes name only (separate bank accounts) but I am on the Sky account with her under Mr & Mrs I couldn't do it, alterations needed for the bank and I wasn't authorised to allow it.

My wife phoned last night at approx 21:00 thinking she would not get an answer, someone answered straight away and didn't even have to wait with the "your in a que" rubbish. 5 mins on the phone and everything is sorted

HD Box.
      Basic installation.
      HDMI Cable.
      ALL HD Channels the person told my wife.
      ALL Sky+ Facilities.

AND... the best part
      They are doing it this coming Friday, I thought it would have been like 2 weeks or so.

Once again
      THANK YOU NewsReadeR FROM US ALL HERE.

## EDIT ##

I forgot to add (and this is my favourite part)

When the wife quoted the pack name and the refernce number you gace me via PM the person on the phone responded with "Ohh somebody must love you, that's the best package"
      Last edited by 3rdDeath; 10-11-09 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Thank You x 1000 for NewsReadeR

enigmam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Hello

I found this forum when looking for ways to updrade my standard Sky subscription. I agree it's infuriating that existing customers are struggling to get a deal close to new customers.

I got an offer today to get a Sky+ HD box for 10 a month + 50 installation or something like that, but I really can't afford the extra 10 a month. So I thought the Sky+ boxes must be free by now, they've been out for ages. But for existing customers I can only seem to get one for something like 50 BUT I have to take out a multiroom subscription - which I can't afford.

Sky are after new customers, I understand that, and I can't afford to pay any more which is down to me not Sky, but it's still a little disappointing

Thanks

ok just want to end this thread with a final THANK YOU NewsReadeR so much! Sky+HD is outstanding! it is beyond words at the moment, no faults.

The Installation guy was fantastic, Sky has a great worker there helpful, talkative and very knowledgable<spell> We got chatting about the Sky vans and the logo's etc and he was driving a Pink Dora Explorer van lmao (if I remember right) and it gave me an idea.

this is a little sad I know but I was bored so, if anyone has pictures of the different Sky vans vinyls etc like the Incredible Hulk one etc then please, add them on this FaceBook group: Sky TV Vans | Facebook