Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

17 Bundle 1/9/08 A con to suck you in? RU on Base BBand?

This is a discussion on 17 Bundle 1/9/08 A con to suck you in? RU on Base BBand? within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Tried todayto take up this offer on behalf of a newbie - "No Base BBand available - only Connect at ...

billibuoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01522 790
      Broadband ISP: tv no BBand
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

17 Bundle 1/9/08 A con to suck you in? RU on Base BBand?

Tried todayto take up this offer on behalf of a newbie - "No Base BBand available - only Connect at extra 17" said my screen . Had online Sky Advisor chat -Couldnt get anywhere positive with him. He even told me that customer services couldnt be contacted by email as they didnt have email !!!
      Re-logged on many times and entered regional/local exchange numbers of friends to see if I could beat the system Same result.
      Why dont you try to get the free inclusive base BBand ? Enter your details and try to take advantage of the offer- then abort at the Basket stage. I am a newbie to this site so don't know how the polls work.
      I am here on this forum coz of frustration with Sky- Looks like I will take up BT Total BBand at the new address. Perhaps contact ASA & lodge complaint ( Advert Standards Auth. ) Hope I am in the right forum section!.
      Bill

2. Advertisement
      penrhyn is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Long Eaton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 1TB Box
      Thanks

Re: 17 Bundle 1/9/08 A con to suck you in? RU on Base BBand?

You can only get the free Base broadband if Sky has unbundled your exchange, and that exchange has capacity.
      I'm sure this is stated in the small print.
      Does a samknows search indicate that Sky/Easynet is available at your exchange?

billibuoy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01522 790
      Broadband ISP: tv no BBand
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

The samknows site is great thanks. Every ISP I know of -(& some listed there I have never heard of ) is listed there as non LLU. We are a big cable user area. Amazingly to me only three major ISPs recorded in the comment box but the samknows list says in the FAQ,s that it cant say who they are as they are prolly resellers and that there are too many to go through.
      I examined the small print in the ad and no disclaimer or conditions. Only at basket checkout is all revealed. Perhaps I am being too picky but I have filed a complaint with the ASA a few minutes ago based on the point in the sign-up process that the price is revealed. During my online conversation( printscreened the lot onto a WORD doc.) the advisor says when I asked for customer services email to send a complaint - " we dont have an email address" !!
      Thanks again
      Bill

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

to be honest i find that pretty weak.

On the very front page of the skybroadand website, the very first words of the small print say 'Subject to availability'. Took me 5 seconds to find.

Still provides the xmas entertainment for the staff at the ASA.

http://broadband.sky.com/
      Subject to availability. Speeds vary with location and line quality etc etc

full T&Cs
      http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/terms
      it states: If you aren’t in one of the areas where we have rolled out our state-of-the-art network yet, don’t worry we still have a great value broadband product for you - It’s called Sky Broadband Connect.

and finally, the first link on the sky broadband site says 'more about sky broadband' and takes you to http://packages.sky.com/surf/ where the connect packe for non-llu'd areas is clearly shown as prominently as the other packages.
      Last edited by reddwarfcrew; 01-09-08 at 08:27 PM.