Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems with Sky cancellation

This is a discussion on Problems with Sky cancellation within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I called Sky Cancellations last week to cancel my subscription due to not having the time to watch that much ...

dyl_73 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Problems with Sky cancellation

I called Sky Cancellations last week to cancel my subscription due to not having the time to watch that much TV at the moment. I was offered Sky+ for 49 - which was 49 too much than we had in spare cash at the time, so I proceeded with the cancellation. I received a letter a couple of days later confirming my viewing will cease mid-July.

However, having had a chance to think about this offer, myself and the wife decided that we may have been too hasty at the time and that the 49 offer was a good one. We've both been paid our wages in the meantime, and so called Sky last night trying to explain the situation and asking whether the offer was still there for us.

So, having first spoken to your cancellations department, I was told that because my account was in a 'pending cancellation' status they couldn't access the system to process the offer I was given last week, and that I'd have to speak to Customer Services in order to reactivate the account and process the offer. I was then passed on to CS who then told me that they could only reinstate the account and 'nothing else' ie. could not offer any deals, and that cancellations shouldn't have said that I would be able to get the same deal that was offered to me last week.

As you can realise, simply reinstating would not be a viable option as that would put us back to square one with me paying for programming which I wouldn't be able to watch.

So that's where I left things, apart from emailing CS explaining fully my dissapointment, and that having been a loyal customer for well over 8 years I was extremely disappointed in their treatment.

Anyone have any ideas as to the best way to deal with this situation?

2. Advertisement
      richone54 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: watford
      Broadband ISP: Virgin
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Problems with Sky cancellation

could you not get CS to stop the 'pending cancellation' and then phone after to see if you can ge tthe deal ?

i am a little confused as to why you continue to pay for the sevice if you had sky plus, but do not want the sevice without as you do not watch enough to justify it.

have you thought about just getting a free view PVR (which you can watch one channel and record another at the same time). These are the free version of sky plus (without the sky channels)

sorry if i have misunderstood

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richone54 View Post
      i am a little confused as to why you continue to pay for the sevice if you had sky plus, but do not want the sevice without as you do not watch enough to justify it.
      Hi - thanks for the reply. The main problem we have is that my wife has changed shift patterns at work, leaving to look after the kids while she's at work most evenings. Therefore, the programmes we have been watching regularly, or would watch regularly now, will have been on by the time we get a chance to sit down. At the minute we're either missing a lot of programmes or faffing about with a DVD recorder which isn't the most reliable. If we had the sky+ then at least we'd have a better chance of watching the programmes when we do have a chance to sit down together.

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How long ago did you start the cancellation procedure? It may be worth calling back to see if you can talk to someone again, different agents do different things depending on how far off their targets for the month they are.

Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSky View Post
      How long ago did you start the cancellation procedure?
      I have a letter dated 18/06 saying my viewing will cease on the 18/07

It may be worth calling back to see if you can talk to someone again, different agents do different things depending on how far off their targets for the month they are.
      Who though? Cancellations? Customer Services? Tried both last night and they were both uninterested and giving out conflicting information.