Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Interested in a free sky + box

This is a discussion on Interested in a free sky + box within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I didnt realise the new promo required installation charges... Its a shame. I used the previous "introduce a friend" voucher/code ...

zeo
      zeo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Interested in a free sky + box

I didnt realise the new promo required installation charges... Its a shame.
      I used the previous "introduce a friend" voucher/code that ended on the 14/March/2008. Free Sky+ box, Free installation plus the person that originally gave the code got 50.00 M&S vouchers.

2. Advertisement
      michelle_h is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

60 installation for existing customer...y? offer not all that then! this offer involves both people getting a 'free' sky + box. so y pay 60 installation... already paid 30 when we had the sky installed....

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky ain't a Charity, buying Sky+ as an existing customer would cost a lot more than paying just the installation. Of course trying to justify that to people is like trying to pick a winning lottery ticket.

New customers are entitled to an Interactive discount, once you have already got Sky there is no more Interactive Discount to be had. Hence more than likely why you have to pay for installation, or would people expect installers to work for free? If they did Sky could wipe any installation charges.

Unfortunately in this day and age people want paying for their labour. Shock... Horror...

No one is forcing anyone to have a free Sky+ box, its that persons call, the terms are quite simple. Either pay for the install or don't have one. Simple.

I suppose that if the Sky+ box was free, with free installation, we would all still find something to moan about, ie why is it an Amstrad and not a Pace?
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

zeo
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Sadly the bottom line is: Sky care more about getting new customers then retaining the old ones.

Even thru both new and old customers pay exactly the same amount for their subscriptions.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky care more about getting new customers then retaining the old ones.
      See this is what amazes me, when you first signed up to Sky, you too had exactly the same discounts in a round about way. I know when I signed up I got a free box, granted not a Sky+ box, but it was free. All that has happened is that Technology has moved on.

How many other companies give the same offers for new and existing customers? When I wanted a new phone from Orange, I would have got a better deal from them as a new customer, even though I have been with them for 3 years.

Its an incentive to sign up to any company, and most companies do it. If you feel that Sky are ripping you off or being unfair, no one forces you to stay with them.
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

zeo
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well my bank gives me the same incentive offers that they give to new customers.

Also my mobile phone companies have always given me a free upgrade annually.. maybe your with the wrong company?

It maybe an incentive to sign up new customers, but does nothing to retain them after the honeymoon period is over.

Fact is.. It doesnt cost Sky anymore to upgrade a loyal customers box to a newer model, then the same customer cancelling with sky and signing up as a new customer again to take advantage of the offer.

It would make soo much more sence if sky were to allow free upgrades to newer model box's if say the current customer were willing to sign into another 12 months contract. Exactly how the majority of the mobile phone companies are operating. If they can do it so easily with something that retails more then the adverage skybox/+ then why cant sky?

Thanks
      Blog Entries

What you have to remember though, Sky have a majority on TV Channels etc, for every person that leaves, there is probably 30 or 40 more new sign ups to replace them.

Don't get me wrong I can see your point, it's just we have a choice, we either pay our money and get what we want, or we don't and then kick ourselves because we cancelled.

zeo
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I understand what your saying. But as with anything, sooner or later the amounts of new signups will lvl down, at that point to retain as much of their revenue as possible sky wornt have any choice but to keep the current ones as happy as they can.

Maybe that wornt be until a couple of years, maybe even longer.. until then I (like many others)choose the third option:

Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
      then the same customer cancelling with sky and signing up as a new customer again to take advantage of the offer.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

Sky used to offer incentives if you threatened to cancel. Right up until the BB took off. Once more an more people signed up, people began reporting that Sky were calling your bluff and letting you leave.

As for cancelling and then resigning up, afaik it won't work that often, unless you move address etc as it is normally one sign up per address.

Why not ring them and see what they offer?

zeo
      Exchange:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

In this day and age, with a shortage of housing. Alot of house addresses have now been converted to multiple flats. Sky cannot tell if Mr Smith living in Address A is the same as Mrs Smith living in Address A.

You just need to know how to blag it. Btw I now have a SKY+ box & free installation. All at the expense of sky.
      To think, a few months ago I willing to pay the full installation charge, if they would offer me a free sky+ box. Ah ohwell, didnt cost me a penny.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast