Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

This is a discussion on Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!) within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Well just to update people. I got my letter this morning telling me I was entitled to the free box ...

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

Well just to update people. I got my letter this morning telling me I was entitled to the free box

I was pleased to also see at the footer fo the letter that installation would only be 30 (although I would have preferred that to be free also lol).

Phoned up to organise, despite not having been paid yet, and got it sorted. Op confirmed it would be 30 only and not a penny more, got the appointment for this sunday and should also get the Pace box as per request (following recomendation by a member that has almost every box going lol, you know who you are ...).

I will update again on sunday, but it would seem there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

But I now have a moral issue guys and gals...

Cause I had already received the 50 M&S vouchers, do I now keep them or give them to the bo$$ ?
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

2. Advertisement
      phyllis@brereton.eclipse. is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01484 684812
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Unhappy Re: Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

I introduced my son in early October. thought it would be great to have vouchers to spend for Christmas, No such luck.
      We have both telephoned to ask about vouchers, First they said there had been such a big demand for this offer and they had run out of vouchers, They have since said that the vouchers were sent out in November and after we had complained again they resent more vouchers in December. The latest was 2 weeks ago they have resent more vouchers which they said we shoud receive within the week but we still haven't received them
      I am considering contacting Watchdog as this problem seems very widespread.
      Phyl

booshy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Glossop
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

UPDATE 2 - well the install went fine, just got round to checking my credit card statement, they took 60 on 11 Jan, no refund as of yet, just rang SKY & they state e-mail sent to billing 11 Jan but could take some time, I should receive a letter this week. I stated unhappy as with my subscription I have paid 90 to SKY this month!!

To be honest i am disgusted at SKY & will be writing to the adress in one of the above posts, will let you know what response, if any........

Andy

andythrill is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

introduced my dad early dec after seeing somewhere about the free box,my dad had to ring the number as i was told i couldnt ,at the time my dad gave all the details including mine and had his sky plus box installed a week later,anyway i waited and waited and didnt hear a word from sky so i decided to ring the recomend a freind number and they tell me i should of registerd at the time and didnt have my details,after giving them mine and my dads details i was told i would get a letter in about a weeks time,this was about 4 weeks ago,and whats this i hear about a 30 quid install fee,i tell you what sky have got something wrong with this one,i wont be recommending them again thats for sure,anybody know how much longer i should wait or is it worth ringing them up again,oh and it takes about 40 mins to get through if your lucky.thanks guys rant over

Amarnaman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01785
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Angry Is this the record delay for the Introduce a Friend offer?

Well, either I'm the most patient person alive or I'm stupid.

I introduced my brother back in December and he had his Sky+ box installed on December 15th. I was told I would get my letter with a code on it for my Sky+ box as soon as he'd paid his first bill. January passed so I rang Sky who said that demand had been higher than expected and that I should receive my letter within a few weeks (basically go away and be patient). The end of February arrived and still no letter so I phoned them again. This time I was told that they had my brother's account number written down wrongly (why they couldn't have checked this I don't know) and that had prevented my letter being sent. I corrected the number and they said to wait up to 28 days for my letter to be processed. 28 days later and still nothing so I rang again. Guess what? The said that there was a problem with my brother's account number and that it was wrongly stated. They still had the original wrong number! After checking that they now categorically had the number right they said I'd have my letter through within 14 days. Nope...

I have just rung Sky for the 5th time (at least, I'm losing count). Their excuse for the delay is sublime. Apparently, on their digital form, they had filled the first part in correctly (which ensured my brother got his box) but no-one had filled in the second part (which is why I didn't get my box), even though it was documented that I was eligible for a free Sky+ box. Take a guess how long it took the genius on the other end of the phone to figure this out? After such a delay, it must have been an inscrutable error lost in the detail, something that no ordinary mortal could have discovered. Actually no, about 5 seconds! So apparently now, I have to wait up to 28 days (he reckoned it would be substantially less) to finally receive my letter. Sigh...

Because it's taken so long to get this far, I've forgotten if there is an installation fee or not but I'm going to press for free installation regardless. It's the least they can do and that's all Sky are ever willing to do seemingly.

Just checked and it should be free installation, so what do I ask for in recompense for this delay???
      Last edited by Amarnaman; 14-04-08 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Additional info

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Because it's taken so long to get this far, I've forgotten if there is an installation fee or not
      iirc there was an installation fee, you can see if they would waive it though I suppose, good luck!
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

tinysquirrel is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

I have been waiting on my M and S vouchers since Jan and been fobbed off with some brilliant excuses!

1. There was a high demand for vouchers. Was assured vouchers would be sent out within two weeks. Didn't happen.

2. They didn't have any of my details down on their system and asked me if I was sure I had registered?? Em, yes actually. Don't think I imagined the phone conversation in which I gave my account details and my friends. Was assured again that vouchers would be sent out within two weeks. Didn't happen.

3. They were not sure if my details were correct. I then had to phone a different department to check they had the right details as they couldn't check on their system. Once I phoned back the recommend a friend department and explained to them that the details were in fact correct, they once again assured me that the vouchers would be sent in two weeks.

Guess what.

Didn't happen! (when I enquired why sky didn't phone and check my details if they were unsure I was told they didn't have the facilities to make calls out.)

A

DRGW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0117
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

I'm still waiting for my free Sky+ box too.

I recommended a friend who had one installed over a month ago.

I then contacted Sky with all my friend's details and they couldn't find her on the system even with account numbers etc.

Eventually they found her but said that she had canceled her subscription (which she hasn't).

I still haven't got my free Sky+ box and haven't got a clue what is going on.

I think it is a right scam only to get new customers and pi** off the existing customers.

I think an email to James Murdoch is in order now.

nikef is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: bt total broadband with sky tv
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Mine is being installed on the 9th,my son had his installed at the end of march so i just waited 5 weeks ,not bad

nodrog is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wskiw
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: sky hub SR102
      Sky TV: SKY+ HD 1tb box
      Thanks

i introduced a friend for sky+ it was installed end of march finally got letter with codes for my free upgrade last week had to pay 60 install getting new box today enginneer just phoned to say within next 2 hours hope he has more than just amstrad boxes on board as this would be my last option

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast