Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

"Retrieving", but does not.

This is a discussion on "Retrieving", but does not. within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Internet TV and Inspirational section there is Revelation TV when I try to get this it flashes Loading for just ...

dnpark38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

"Retrieving", but does not.

Internet TV and Inspirational section there is Revelation TV when I try to get this it flashes Loading for just a moment then says "Retrieving" for ever.
      Is there a Sky Support who can sort this out?
      I've only had the Now box a few days and still finding out things but others work ok.
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: "Retrieving", but does not.

Quote Originally Posted by dnpark38 View Post
      Internet TV and Inspirational section there is Revelation TV when I try to get this it flashes Loading for just a moment then says "Retrieving" for ever.
      Is there a Sky Support who can sort this out?
      I've only had the Now box a few days and still finding out things but others work ok.
      Thanks
      There was this story a few months ago:
      Revelation TV: Britain

The foundation behind Britain’s first Christian televangelist TV channel is being investigated by the charities regulator over claims it is being used for private gain.

The Charity Commission has opened an inquiry into the Revelation Foundation, whose 24-hour channel Revelation TV has previously been censured by Ofcom over its presenters’ “derogatory” comments about gay people.

Launched by husband-and-wife duo Howard and Lesley Conder in 2003, the channel has most of its operations in Spain and is broadcast in the UK via Sky, Freesat and Freeview. It includes programmes such as Christian World News, Stand Up for Jesus and Adventists in Conversation.

The statutory investigation, which was opened on 8 September but only announced this week, is the most serious form of inquiry available to the Charity Commission. It said it had decided to launch the probe after receiving a number of complaints that the charity was being used for “private advantage”.

In a statement, the regulator said it had scrutinised the Revelation Foundation’s accounts and had identified a number of concerns including “potential significant loss of charitable funds, trustee benefits, conflicts of interest and connected party transactions”.

The investigation will examine the charity’s structure, including its relationship with several commercial organisations, as well as its fundraising. According to its 2013 accounts, the charity had an income of £1.7m, almost entirely generated through viewers’ donations.
      Their website still seems to be updating with recent news which would discount a site take-down, so I can only assume they forgot to pay their Sky license fee's.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      There was this story a few months ago:
      Revelation TV: Britain

Their website still seems to be updating with recent news which would discount a site take-down, so I can only assume they forgot to pay their Sky license fee's.
      Thanks for your response, yes have read the article you quote before about the complaints and investigations.
      They weren't of course the first Sky were the first with the "The Christian Channel" very soon after Sky started, that channel involved into the "God Channel". They too had problems with Ofcom so up link was transferred in their case not to Spain but Israel.
      I have just checked that Revelation are still broadcasting on satellite and they are so along with what you say on the website they are still in bussiness, I will see if that website will allow me to message them.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have had an amazingly quick response from Revelation TV Support.
      "our new Sky NOW (Roku) app is currently in Roku's queue tolaunch. It is due to be launched imminently and will be called"Revelation TV Live" "
      Does this reference to Roku make sense?

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Does this reference to Roku make sense?
      I think it just refers to the fact that they are manufactured by the same company and do much the same thing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.