Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NowTV Ongoing Problem.. Unable to set up Payment and Parental PINS

This is a discussion on NowTV Ongoing Problem.. Unable to set up Payment and Parental PINS within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am wondering whether anyone else has had this issue?I have heard that its virtually impossible to complete the NowTV ...

thomastt37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

NowTV Ongoing Problem.. Unable to set up Payment and Parental PINS

I am wondering whether anyone else has had this issue?I have heard that its virtually impossible to complete the NowTV Registration using a mobile phone or Tablet However I am using a PC running Windows 7 and the latest Internet Explorer 11.I now have my Now TVBox which I have installed to the point where I am being asked to enter my User Name and Password and can go no further as I am being told that my Account set up is not complete!..I have tried endless times to enter the required PINS I appear to be able to enter the first PINS but when it asks me to reenter same the second PIN Box just disappears.I have been asked to try another browser,Firefox,Safari,Chrome have all been tried,but no pin boxes are visible?I have chatted to at least Five different agents on this subject,the latest this morning told me that my account was set up and I should be able to access Catch UP TV which obviously I cant..Every agent has told me that they would esculate the problem To Technical Support Team..So far I have been contacted once by a Technical Support Agent,who advised me that he had cleared The PINS and that I should try and Re enter them,he also advised me to clear the IE Browser cache and make sure that Javascript was enabled.I tried but failed to enter the required PINS so I am still in Limbo while my 30 day movies free trial ticks away,it started on the 20th November when I first tried to Register.I have got to the point where I just feel like cancelling while I can and sending the TVNOw box back,which would be a pity as its for my wifes Bedroom TV,so she can watch catch up TV etc. Can anyone help me PLEASE!!! Michael

2. Advertisement
      marjohn56 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cricklewood
      Broadband ISP: ZEN
      Router: Billion 8800NL(Modem Bridge) + OPNsense 21.7.a*
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2Tb+Mini
      Thanks

Re: NowTV Ongoing Problem.. Unable to set up Payment and Parental PINS

I have read your posts Michael but I do not possess a NowTV box so I am guessing.

Firstly, lets try a couple of things, not going to say it will work but we need to start somewhere.

Make a note of the address bar, such as "https://blog.blog.com' when you are connected to the NOWTV page where it asks you for the pins.

I'll do this through the control panel as I do not know what version of IE you are using; go to the control panel and select Internet Properties, click in the Security Tab.

Click the Trusted sutes button...

NowTV Ongoing Problem.. Unable to set up Payment and Parental PINS-capture.jpg

Now click the Sites button and you should see something like this:

NowTV Ongoing Problem.. Unable to set up Payment and Parental PINS-capture.png

Enter or paste the address you made a note of.

The site address should start with HTTPS: if it starts with HTTP: the n untick the 'Require server verification....' tickbox.

Now close the internet properties box and close any running IE instances (windows), then open IE and try again, see if it makes any difference.
      --------------------------------------------------------
      Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity.
      --------------------------------------------------------

4. The Following User Says Thank You to marjohn56 For This Useful Post:

thomastt37 (25-11-14)

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

I believe that it's possible to sign up to nowtv using the gui of a games console, so if all else fails perhaps borrowing a playstation or xbox for a few minutes would get you started.

edit
      Nevermind.
      Last edited by gymno; 24-11-14 at 11:30 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

thomastt37 (26-11-14)

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

There is a good community forum on the nowtv site, Home - NOW TV Community
      But also try clicking on live chat from NOW TV - Help click on manage my account, then Pins, then none of the above and select livechat
      You will them be speaking with the now tv help team

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

thomastt37 (25-11-14)

thomastt37 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Good Morning and thank you for your imput,in desperation,despite reading of numerous people complaining about inability of Tablets/Smart Phones to enter PINS. I borrowed my wifes Motorola Z604 Tablet running Android 4.0.4,and was able to enter the required PINS at the first attempt,so am now able to get the NOWTV box up and running..Michael