Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Audio signal not supported

This is a discussion on Audio signal not supported within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have a NOW TV box and when it was first set up on 30/4/14 no problems through both my ...

gingercol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Moorhill Southampton
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Humax Freesat+
      Thanks

Audio signal not supported

I have a NOW TV box and when it was first set up on 30/4/14 no problems through both my sony tvs' and sony home cinema. On the 1/5/14 I applied the 30 day free trial of sky movies since then i get the message Audio signal not supported on my sony kdl-32ex503 tv and my sony bdv-n590 home cinema freezes when I put the hdmi lead in either one of the 2 hdmi inputs. I repeat this did not happen when I set it up on the 30/4/14 and had a play with it through both mentioned items. It is ok through my sony kdl=42w653a tv.I have posted this on the NOW TV forum but so far no decent replies. I have done a hard reset and used various hdmi leads. I do not want to purchase another item such a cec less hdmi adaptor unless absolutely necessary. Any suggestions or do I get my money back.

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653A , Sony BDV-N590 Home Cinema ,Humax Foxsat Pvr, NOW TV Box,
      Chromecast.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Audio signal not supported

I have since had a live chat with NOW TV and after the problem was escalated to level 2 it seems to have been somewhat rectified. It turns out to be a problem when a subscription is taken sky change the audio signal to stop recording of programmes . I think they have changed the audio back as it now works with the Sony kdl-32ex503 in the bedroom.But I am still having a problem with the Sony BDV-N590 Home Cinema as it is down to a hdmi pin 13 problem inherent in the Roku LT box that it is based on . I will have to purchase a CEC less hdmi adapter and see if that rectifies the problem with the Sony BDV-N590 Home Cinema .

Sony Bravia KDL-42W653A , Sony BDV-N590 Home Cinema ,Humax Foxsat Pvr, NOW TV Box,
      Chromecast.

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

I'm just annoyed that I cannot get 5.1 from the nowtvbox

Thanks

I totally agree Angel_Rex especially as it has an option for 5.1 in the audio settings.I got a email yesterday it read as
      We hope you got our email the other day about your question - ref *******. We haven’t heard from you and just want to check that everything’s OK.

If you do still need help, please take a look at the email we sent as this includes details of what you need to do next. If we asked you to send us more information, just reply to that email or simply let us know that you’re all sorted and we’ll take it from there.
      I am still waiting for an email from them regarding this problem. will update .

Chromecast.

Thanks

Got an email just now
      Thank you for your recent contact with NOW TV. Sincere apologies for the delay with our response.

It is strange indeed that your NOW TV Box worked with your home TV and audio set up, but then stopped working afterwards!

To confirm, although you are able to select 5.1 Surround from the NOW TV Box audio settings, the NOW TV app does not support 5.1 at this time, and will not work. In terms of the error message you're receiving, I cannot advise too much as it may be something within the options of your Sony home cinema system itself - and you might need to contact Sony for further troubleshooting.

It may be worth trying different audio options both on the NOW TV Box itself, as well as both your TV and your home cinema system. The box is a simple device, and there is not much within the configuration that we'd be able to change, especially when coupled with the possible intricacies of your current setup.

Aside from resetting the box using the button on the back, or using the factory reset option in the settings, unfortunately that reaches the end of our available troubleshooting for this issue. A final resort may be to try another HDMI cable.

I hope this clears things up a little. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions, and we'll do our best to help.

If one thing it proves your point Angel_Rex there is NO 5.1 on a NOW TV box.
      I will have to get a CEC less HDMI adapter and see if that sorts out the issue with my home cinema.

Chromecast.