Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Now TV adds Sky1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month

This is a discussion on Now TV adds Sky1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; From my new favourite website, seenit.co.uk : A selection of Sky’s flagship channels – including Sky 1, Sky Atlantic and ...

stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

NOW TV adds Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month

From my new favourite website, seenit.co.uk:

A selection of Sky’s flagship channels – including Sky 1, Sky Atlantic and Sky Living – are now available via its NOW TV streaming service for just £4.99 per month. Also available are Discovery, MTV, Comedy Central, GOLD, Disney and FOX.

The channels are available on the NOW TV Box and via NOW TV app on PS3 and Roku. Mac and PC users can also stream the channels on their computers.

Sky says it will also make them available via iPhone, iPad, selected Android smartphones, Xbox, LG Smart TVs and selected LG media devices “over the coming months”.

The channels are offered on a rolling monthly basis, meaning viewers don’t have to commit to lengthy fixed term plans.

Sky already offers its movie and sport channels via NOW TV which it launched to combat the growing threat from low-cost streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon’s Lovefilm.

In addition to live shows such as The Blacklist, Dracula and Game of Thrones, the new TV package includes access to entire box sets of hit shows including The Wire and Mad Dogs.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV, comments: “Millions of people can now go online to watch some of the best entertainment channels, including Sky 1, Sky Atlantic and Comedy Central. NOW TV offers pay-as-you-go access to brand new episodes of home-grown British shows and the biggest and best US series for anyone with broadband.”
      The NOW TV website does say the £4.99 is an "introductory" price.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stereohaven For This Useful Post:

Scubbie (29-10-13)

3. Advertisement
      dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Re: Now TV adds Sky1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month

If only they'd offer Now TV as an alternative to multiroom for people who don't want to re-wire their entire house, or at least a discount for Sky customers.

Restorer is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: NOW TV adds Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month

Quote Originally Posted by stereohaven View Post
      From my new favourite website, seenit.co.uk:

The NOW TV website does say the £4.99 is an "introductory" price.
      Is it even legal to advertise a product at an introductory price without stating how much it will be and when the offer will finish?

mrbish82 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: NOW TV adds Sky 1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month

I was looking to get a Now TV box, mainly for the catch up services but also interested in the basic channels for £4.99, but after doing a bit of research i found that not all the shows can be streamed due to licencing restrictions, practically making Sky 1 shut down through the majority of the evening when i look at todays list, the £4.99 doesn't seem much of a good deal any more.

Entertainment: Unavailable shows on live channels - NOW TV Community

They say that the unavailable shows will reduce over time as new licences are agreed, is there any more information about this anywhere? Is this why they are keeping it a low 'introductory' price for the time being? I would also be interested in how the live streaming operates but i can't find much info about it, is there a TV guide or do you just select the channel from the menu and start streaming?

Angel_Rex is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Uckfield
      Broadband ISP: Zen FTTP
      Router: FRITZ!Box 3490
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Now TV adds Sky1 and Sky Atlantic for £4.99 per month

Would be great if you could tie you sky account to this.....