Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

cancelling free trial

This is a discussion on cancelling free trial within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; how do i cancel my free trial? do i just set auto renew to off? thanks...

nevynever is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

cancelling free trial

how do i cancel my free trial? do i just set auto renew to off? thanks

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: cancelling free trial

Not sure what free trial you are referring to but if it is for a Sky TV viewing package then you need to contact Sky, preferably by telephone, at least 31 days before the free trial ends as this is the notice period they require. I suggest 5 weeks as much earlier and you will be invited to call back nearer the end of the trial.

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

How do I cancel/stop getting the Sky Movies Monthly Pass service?

To stop the Sky Movies Pass service, follow the instructions on the NOW TV website. If the period it covers hasn’t started, you won’t be charged for it. Remember, once your access to the Sky Movies Pass service stops, you won’t be able to watch anything you haven’t finished (or started) watching. If you stop the Sky Movies Pass service you can always re-activate it on your account at a later date.
      Right to cancel in certain circumstances: When you first join the Sky Movies Pass service, you also have the right to cancel this service within the first 14 days of joining provided you haven’t started to watch/use the Sky Movies Pass service. If you want to exercise this right you’ll need to notify us using the details on the NOW TV website. If you exercise this right and you have paid to first join the Sky Movies Pass service that payment will be refunded to you. Once you start to watch/use the Sky Movies Pass service you won’t be entitled to a refund. This right does not arise if you re-activate the Sky Movies Pass on your account at a later date after previously stopping it.

Terms & Conditions - NOW TV
      ~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

dnpark38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have a Now box and nothing works on it, it says I have to activate it, to do this I can take a free trial of Sky Movies, when the trial is up if I cancel does the whole box close down? EG the iplayers etc.?

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

It must be about a year since I received my Now TV box so the procedure may have changed but I was able to register it online stopping at the point where I was asked for payment card details.

Unsurprisingly I can't access programmes from within Now TV but BBC Iplayer and all the other free services work without any problems.