Aaaand a few words of warning...
FTTP isn't what you think it's going to be, at least i was expecting rock solid low ping connection, I mean it's light right?. BT's supplied router is incapable of handling fibre 900 without agents having to reset it etc all the time, luckily I have a pfSense box that can(and I finally got bufferbloat fixed). Expect stable connection? Nope my speed is all over the place all the time, whilst never dropping below the promised 450Mbps (IK first world problems^^) minimum it seldom hits the 900. It does have a ping of less than 1ms to the server that gives me my external IP address which translates in a round trip of about 6ms to cloudflare dns server, so the improved latency is great. (still can't figure how to monitor the gateway to what effectively is an internal ip)
BT have really rushed all this out and lots of people are far worse off than me, and I'm sure OR/BT will sort the exchange vlans and line profiles etc eventually. My advice buy FTTP as soon as you can get it, it's great, but steer clear of the gigabit offerings for now. I wish I'd bought in the 150-300Mbps range which do just sit at just over max solidly. Sky just sent me a leaflet offering me 150Mbps for 42 quid.. A joke when BT do 300 for an extra 7.