Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Lies by Sky win back team

This is a discussion on Lies by Sky win back team within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am posting this in the hope that someone might be able to help me with my next steps. Basically, ...

Wildbanker290 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lies by Sky win back team

I am posting this in the hope that someone might be able to help me with my next steps.

Basically, I decided about two weeks ago that I would try to make some monthly savings and cut the 66/month I have been spending with Sky for their broadband, calls and TV package. After shopping around I decided to move to another provider who was over 30 per month cheaper for a similar service (with a fibre broadband also to be included) and rang Sky to cancel my broadband and TV, to allow the other provider to take over.

I was then called several times by Sky's win back team, and eventually spoke to someone who made various offers but eventually offered to reduce my 66/month to 40, with my rubbish and unreliable broadband service being upgraded to fibre as part of the package. I was unsure whether to accept so said I would be persuaded if they also gave me the free TV they were offering new customers at the moment.

The Sky person agreed to that, but said he couldn't put the deal through at that time as my transfer to another provider would need to be cancelled first, to allow the changes to be made. So I then rang the other provider and cancelled my order, expecting to hear back from Sky (as promised) with conformation of the new account changes and agreed terms.

I heard nothing for a couple of days so rang Sky - the person I spoke to was apologetic that the changes hadn't been put through but more worrying was that there didn't appear to be any notes on my account to record what had been agreed.

Several very frustrating phone calls later I have been able to get the monthly reduction and broadband upgrade actioned but I am being told that a free TV was never offered (and that I must be making that up!). Further, they claim to have listened to the transcripts of my call and say it was never discussed!

Now I don't like being called a liar or a lunatic, but that can be the only option other than that Sky are a complete bunch of liars who say one thing on the phone to win back custom with no intention of honouring the agreement. They have even made me pay 10 to have a written transcript of the phone call, but are saying they can't let me have a copy of the voice recording, which they must have to make the transcript.

So I am now at the complaint and Ombudsman stage - is it worth it though? Is there any point?

Does anyone else have any similar experiences?

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Lies by Sky win back team

Ask for a Subject Access Request, this is a formal request under Data Protection Act Laws for sky to release all copies of any information they have on their systems which include phone recordings.

They cannot refuse a SAR, but they can charge a fee for it.

https://ico.org.uk/media/1065/subjec...f-practice.pdf

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post
      Ask for a Subject Access Request, this is a formal request under Data Protection Act Laws for sky to release all copies of any information they have on their systems which include phone recordings.

Thanks for that-that's really helpful.

The Realist is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Anything
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 100GB Trial Gold X
      Router: Sky Q Hub Mk7 Trial Gold
      Sky TV: SkyQ/Motorised
      Thanks

I've never ever seen Sky offer a free TV package and I hope you get this issue resolved asap.

But sometimes miss communication does happen.

Good luck.
      Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own and in no way represent the views or policies of my employer.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Realist View Post
      I've never ever seen Sky offer a free TV package and I hope you get this issue resolved asap.

But sometimes miss communication does happen.

Good luck.

Thanks. They often have TV packages on offer for new customers.

Let's face it...the mugs like me who pay full whack and only get a deal when you finally decide to look for a cheaper offer subsidise all those offers for new customers.

I am not suggesting Sky were offering a TV package but when I asked for it as an incentive to stay with them the 'win-back' person agreed to it. Presumably he shouldn't have done which is why they have welched on the offer and are now denying it was made.
      Last edited by Wildbanker290; 08-12-16 at 10:29 AM.

moleman is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Hadleigh EAHAE
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: THG3000
      Sky TV: Freesat/Now TV
      Thanks

I wonder if this is a misunderstanding of what was meant? You seem to think "TV package" includes an actual TV whereas the agent may have thought "TV package" meant a service (often called a bundle).

Just a possibility.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'm afraid I couldn't have been clearer - no room for misunderstanding on my part. I asked for a free TV, as it is currently being offered to new customers.

It was agreed.

Then not agreed.

I am not so simple as to think a "TV package" could be interpreted that way but thank you for your most helpful comments.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddwarfcrew View Post

There is no charge for requesting this from Sky, however, it's not easy to request. Only managers can put though a SAR request and not all of them seem to know how to process it. When I did this a few months ago it took several phone calls but I did eventually get everything sent.

Be prepared though, as Sky will send you EVERYTHING including every bill they have ever issued for you. I ended up with approx 1500 pages of info.

Racey43 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q 1TB
      Thanks

I've recently had a complaint dealt with by the Ombudsman (not Sky related). They will only deal with "evidence, such as letters and documents" so you will need to get a transcript of the conversation from Sky, I think.
      I found the Ombudsman easy to deal with and, of course, it's free.
      Good luck.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non-Sky Router
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,247 Times in 2,108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Racey43 View Post
      I've recently had a complaint dealt with by the Ombudsman (not Sky related). They will only deal with "evidence, such as letters and documents" so you will need to get a transcript of the conversation from Sky, I think.
      I found the Ombudsman easy to deal with and, of course, it's free.
      Good luck.
      It's important to note too that Sky record virtually all their telephone calls. I'm not sure how long they keep them for currently.

PlusNet Fibre since Jan 2021
      Previously Sky Fibre & Sky BB since 2010.