Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Frustrated with Trying to cancel Sky Subscription - and not even cancelled yet!

This is a discussion on Frustrated with Trying to cancel Sky Subscription - and not even cancelled yet! within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; So phoned Sky to cancel subscription - too high cost, recent hike in price, value for money, problems with broadband. ...

abenham2010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Frustrated with Trying to cancel Sky Subscription - and not even cancelled yet!

So phoned Sky to cancel subscription - too high cost, recent hike in price, value for money, problems with broadband.
      First call - agent stated after going through the details of why we want to cancel and DPA etc " just opening your account again to see if anything we can do for you" No I wish to cancel I'm afraid. *disconnected call*

Second call - David, went through the same information, asked to speak to the account holder (my wife, not me) went to get here and before I'd even passed it over (and this was literally perhaps 4-5 seconds) *disconnected call*

This is after both times being on hold for say around 15mins per call!

So I have had to use their form on their website and also emailed them - but now I know they are still going to want to talk regarding the cancellation which is just ridiculous as I have tried and wasting my time in doing so!

Is there any other options, then waiting around hoping they call and that the call doesn't get disconnected?

2. Advertisement
      dog-man is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Virgin. Over 500mb.
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Re: Frustrated with Trying to cancel Sky Subscription - and not even cancelled yet!

What is the url for online cancelling?

That would be useful to me a I am hard of hearing and I am dreading having to speak to someone with a strong Scottish accent as I will really struggle.

abenham2010 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Frustrated with Trying to cancel Sky Subscription - and not even cancelled yet!

It's
      https://contactus.sky.com/uk/sky-tv/cancel-sky-tv/email
      but they still supposedly need to speak to you - delaying tactics more like!

Thanks

Thanks.

Yes, I know they will still need to speak to me for proof that I am the account holder, but in reality it will be an attempt to persuade me not to leave.

How do they deal with those that are totally unable to use a telephone? I am not aware of any other options for cancelling. Is that not discrimination and therefore illegal?

I can sometimes cope on the phone, but it is very difficult. Add a strong accent and I really struggle.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

You can cancel in writing, giving your full account details, to:-
      Sky Subscriber Services Limited
      PO Box 43
      Livingston
      West Lothian
      EH54 7DD
      UK

Unfortunately you will probably still have to suffer a phone call. I sympathize with your difficulty understanding some Scottish accents, I also have difficulty with some English accents, Brummagem in particular.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I will just ring and hope the person I speak to does not have a strong accent.

Won't be for a week or two as I want to make sure I have Freesat+ in place before I lose the service from sky.

MartinP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Slingbox
      Thanks

It never ceases to amaze me that people will put up with so much hassle, simply because they can't be bothered to post a brief letter. Copy the following and send it by signed-for post. Keep a copy and staple your proof of posting to it.

Sky Subscriber Services Limited
      PO Box 43
      Livingston
      West Lothian
      EH54 7DD

Account name:
      Account number:
      Sky card number:

Date:
      (Full name and address).

Dear Sirs,

I hereby give you notification that I am cancelling my account forthwith.
      Please confirm the cancellation date in writing.
      Please do not phone me as I am hard of hearing.

Yours faithfully,

Thanks

I did think of doing this but I then though that sky are quite likely to still want to phone me to persuade me to stay.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Along with the letter informing me of the new price increase, i also received notification of slightly altered terms & conditions.
      It reads thus:

Any notice you give us to end this contract where you have a right to do so (other than where you are exercising your right to cancel during your cooling-off period for which see 'your rights to cancel your order' section below) must be given by phone (03442 41 41 41) or by using our webchat service on sky.com.
      Notice given by these means will be processed immediately.
      You can also write to us (sky subscribers services limited, PO box 43, livingston, west lothian, EH54 7DD) or e-mail us via your mysky account on https://contactus.sky.com.
      Notice given by these means will not be effective until we have spoken to you and verified your account.
      We will acknowledge written requests by return letter or email and will contact you by phone to verify you as the account holder and process your cancellation.
      More information on how to cancel can be found at: sky.com/manage-my-subscription.