Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By shakey1980

promises promises promises

This is a discussion on promises promises promises within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; hi i recontrtacted to fibre for a discount saw a money saving expert post then recontacted sky promptly and they ...

shakey1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: New Brancepeth NENP
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD 1TB
      Thanks

promises promises promises

hi i recontrtacted to fibre for a discount saw a money saving expert post then recontacted sky promptly and they said could have the deal even said that if i removed my existing discounts an resubcribed to tv for a year the would give me this new deal cast iron guarantee i thought

to which definately get we get need to setup a csr to get it added for you aslong as you agree to drop an existing discount

the agent said that she had setup a csr because half price tv was new customer offer only and they will not be a problem as i had a valid code
      even set out my new bill and told me once added my bill would then be ......

"therefore your bills will be 38.49/month (This amount is excluding any unbilled Sky Box Office and Sky Talk Call charges)"

i then told her this is definitely going to be added to which she replied yes

just wait for the code to be added come back with in 72 hours

"thanks for chatting with me today about offer code, I have advised to contact us after 72 hours to check the outcome of the request that is sent to the team to investigate on the offer code. If you need any further help in the future, please select the Live Chat option on the Contact Us pages. "

today i get this bear in mind that the agent infact knew that i was existing customer and thats what the csr was for

and aslong as i had agree to drop any and all existing discount as a member since 2003 and even longer than that before i moved

this was the reply "Thanks for contacting us today regarding the Money Saving Expert offer code you are trying to use.

I'm sorry but, that offers is for new customers only - so you are ineligible to claim that offer - please check the terms and conditions of the offer. I'm sorry if you have previously been advised differently. My apologies for this error. "

so today i dropped tv keeping broadband for the meantime till i can find a replacement
      Last edited by shakey1980; 07-06-14 at 02:39 PM.

2. Advertisement
      bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: promises promises promises

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1980 View Post
      hi i recontrtacted to fibre for a discount saw a money saving expert post then recontacted sky promptly and they said could have the deal even said that if i removed my existing discounts an resubcribed to tv for a year the would give me this new deal cast iron guarantee i thought

to which definately get we get need to setup a csr to get it added for you aslong as you agree to drop an existing discount

the agent said that she had setup a csr because half price tv was new customer offer only and they will not be a problem as i had a valid code
      even set out my new bill and told me once added my bill would then be ......

"therefore your bills will be 38.49/month (This amount is excluding any unbilled Sky Box Office and Sky Talk Call charges)"

i then told her this is definitely going to be added to which she replied yes

just wait for the code to be added come back with in 72 hours

"thanks for chatting with me today about offer code, I have advised to contact us after 72 hours to check the outcome of the request that is sent to the team to investigate on the offer code. If you need any further help in the future, please select the Live Chat option on the Contact Us pages. "

today i get this bear in mind that the agent infact knew that i was existing customer and thats what the csr was for

and aslong as i had agree to drop any and all existing discount as a member since 2003 and even longer than that before i moved

this was the reply "Thanks for contacting us today regarding the Money Saving Expert offer code you are trying to use.

I'm sorry but, that offers is for new customers only - so you are ineligible to claim that offer - please check the terms and conditions of the offer. I'm sorry if you have previously been advised differently. My apologies for this error. "

so today i dropped tv keeping broadband for the meantime till i can find a replacement
      What's the problem?
      You tried to use a new customer offer that you weren't entitled to?
      Or is it that the advisor failed to tell you this?

If you've cancelled tv then ironically you will get a call back offering you the same deal if you stay with Sky.

Did you get the 12 months half price fibre offer when you cancelled tv?

Thanks

the adviser had failed to tell me this said this would be ok as the could was valid code have to get a csr to get this put though the adviser knew i was existing customer and said as i been customer for ten years she would get this sorted so basically miss informed after the person assured me that this would be sorted as a one off long time customer deal

i didnt get half price fibre all she agent offered my was !0& off tv

how long will it be till i get a callback then ? because im thing of getting a freesat pvr to replace my sky+hd saying that tho i didint have hd or premium so probly not worth skys time and effort to keep my as a customer

oh yeah the give me 10 on the condition i kept tv that why i had recontract but thinking of now paying 27 a month to save a tenner for 6 months is not worth it
      Last edited by shakey1980; 08-06-14 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks

hi used live chat today managed 2 get half price tv for 12 months so im sorted for 12 months atleast
      Scubbie and seawright like this.