Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They can't even get that right!

This is a discussion on They can't even get that right! within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Gave notice last week, after the many failures to supply what I was promised. No surprise I suppose, that they ...

Tazmaniandevil is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cameronian Street
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

They can't even get that right!

Gave notice last week, after the many failures to supply what I was promised. No surprise I suppose, that they even managed to get that wrong.

"Dear Mr XXXXXX

We've recently received a request from the new occupiers of your current property to take over your phone line for *********** on Thursday 20 February 2014."

I'm not moving my address! There are no new occupiers, unless someone has sold my house out from under me without my knowledge. I'm moving to a different supplier because you don't seem to be able to do anything properly.

How difficult is it really? Is anyone able to do a simple job without messing it up?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Thanks

Re: They can't even get that right!

Did they get the date right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Did they get the date right?
      No, they got that wrong too. I go on Friday.
      Absolutely pathetic. How in the name of the wee man do they manage to exist? They make a complete hash of everything, then throw compensation at folk rather than concentrate of doing things properly.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Fab Fibre (Sky network)
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NowTV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries
      Maybe they get it right for a major proportion of people, but they get it wrong for an unlucky minority?

I mean if they got it so badly wrong as you have clearly had it for everybody then surely they would have no customers and would have gone out of business by now?!

But as happy customers rarely post to that effect, I suppose there's no way of measuring those proportions.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Happy Customer! I had a few minor glitches in the passed but nothing that hasn't been sorted out! Customer Service is fine. The only grip I currently have is Sky's reluctance to upgrade old equipment.
      I think this guy has been generally unlucky! I'm have similar abysmal customer service issues with Scottish Power but that's another story! :-)

janitor is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01983
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmaniandevil View Post
      No, they got that wrong too. I go on Friday.
      Absolutely pathetic. How in the name of the wee man do they manage to exist? They make a complete hash of everything, then throw compensation at folk rather than concentrate of doing things properly.
      The reason they manage to survive is because a majority of phone and broadband suppliers, are equally inept.

Thanks

I'm just not used to poor service.
      As soon as ADSL was available in my area I joined up with Eclipse Internet. I only left in December because their price for unlimited fibre was more than I was willing to pay. All those years with no technical faults, and excellent customer relations. To say this experience has been a culture shock is a massive understatement.
      Perhaps the public in general are so used to totally pathetic service they just put up with it. Sorry, I'm not like that. I expect everyone who takes my money to have the same level of professional integrity. Anyone who fails to provide an acceptable standard becomes history very quickly.
      I simply refuse to accept the standard of service I received, or the rude, belligerent and downright abusive customer relations as normal.

pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

I'm just not used to poor service.
      As soon as ADSL was available in my area I joined up with Eclipse Internet. I only left in December because their price for unlimited fibre was more than I was willing to pay. All those years with no technical faults, and excellent customer relations. To say this experience has been a culture shock is a massive understatement.
      Perhaps the public in general are so used to totally pathetic service they just put up with it. Sorry, I'm not like that. I expect everyone who takes my money to have the same level of professional integrity. Anyone who fails to provide an acceptable standard becomes history very quickly.
      I simply refuse to accept the standard of service I received, or the rude, belligerent and downright abusive customer relations as normal.

You are totally right Tazmaniandevil. Us Brits do put up with poor, shoddy and sometimes downright dangerous, service. Our banks have worked us over something terrible and most of our services charge way over the top for shoddy and poor service and the vast majority of us just put up with it without so much as a whimper. I am, I'm afraid, as guilty as anyone in this respect and, IMO, that is why we have such abysmal customer services in this country.

Pete

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pete.i View Post
      Our banks have worked us over something terrible and most of our services charge way over the top for shoddy and poor service and the vast majority of us just put up with it without so much as a whimper.
      I "choose to refuse" poor service and shoddy goods. If a company invites me to "believe in better," I really do expect them to deliver. If/when they decide not to bother trying to deliver, I will shout, kick & scream until they do. Unfortunately in this case, they never did. If rubbish is the best a company can or will deliver, then they are not the company for me.
      I have no issues with my television service. Perhaps it would be better for Sky to stick to what they are reasonably good at?

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

The date in the letter is the date the new provider have informed Sky they will be taking over the service. (This is via an Openreach system BTW.)

If this date is wrong ask the new provider not Sky.

It also seems from the letter, that they (the new provider), may have put the order through as if you have moved to a new address so you will be getting a new telephone number.

Perhaps it would be better for Sky to stick to what they are reasonably good at?
      TBH, I have wondered this many times since Sky broadband launched!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast