Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi Everyone

This is a discussion on Hi Everyone within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; Hi all, my first time on here, just got going on Sky Broadband today although it's been live since Tuesday. ...

deetee89 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: NEGHD
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi Everyone

Hi all, my first time on here, just got going on Sky Broadband today although it's been live since Tuesday. The tech help gave me wrong details then said they were gonna send a new router out cos the new unused one they'd sent me was faulty. Anyway my bro in law sorted it out this afternoon, so here i am.

Ive read of various problems people have had so i'm a bit wary at the mo, had to turn the router on and off already cos i lost the connection.

Cheers

Dave

2. Advertisement
      AWW
      AWW is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: East Kilbride,WSEKI
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Hi Everyone

welcome to the forums

bryan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi andy,
      i have been on skyb 4 about 4 weeks first couple of weeks i had 2 turn of & one
      alot & reboot but it seems to have settled down now,fingers x

bryan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi dave posted mesage 4 u but got mixed up and put andy by mistake

CYMRAES is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deetee89 View Post
      Hi all, my first time on here, just got going on Sky Broadband today although it's been live since Tuesday. The tech help gave me wrong details then said they were gonna send a new router out cos the new unused one they'd sent me was faulty. Anyway my bro in law sorted it out this afternoon, so here i am.

Ive read of various problems people have had so i'm a bit wary at the mo, had to turn the router on and off already cos i lost the connection.

Cheers

Dave
      Hi there Dave, I am new here also and have only today received my MAC code from NTL FREEDOM. I am contemplating joining sky bb, but I am also weary after reading so much negative comments and problems. I'm worried that I will not be able to cope putting it all together - never had a router before, and if I mess up I will not be able to connect to bb at all!

I have been reading different forums etc looking at different ISP's, peoples views ... all the technical terms and that are a bit over my head!

I am really nervous whether to take the plunge or not, but with the prospect of saving 15 a month ...do I ...

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CYMRAES View Post
      Hi there Dave, I am new here also and have only today received my MAC code from NTL FREEDOM. I am contemplating joining sky bb, but I am also weary after reading so much negative comments and problems. I'm worried that I will not be able to cope putting it all together - never had a router before, and if I mess up I will not be able to connect to bb at all!

I have been reading different forums etc looking at different ISP's, peoples views ... all the technical terms and that are a bit over my head!

I am really nervous whether to take the plunge or not, but with the prospect of saving 15 a month ...do I ...

The technical stuff goes over my head too. Setting up the router was easy, just a matter of connecting the cables etc, you get step by step instructions on the installation cd. To be honest i think most people would get by without the cd, all there is on it are simple instructions to connect the router and McAfee anti virus and a IE upgrade, neither which i bothered with.

For a fiver a month i can't complain. I was on Telewest before, 35 a month for what was supposed to be a 10Mb connection. I did an online speed test, it tested at just over 4Mb, my Sky is up to 8Mb, that tested at 6.4Mb.
      Cheers.

Exchange:
      Thanks

Were you on a package - tv, bb, phone with telewest or just bb? I have bb and phone with ntl freedom (dial up) at 24.99 a month and sky tv at 15 a month which comes to 39.99. Moving to sky (if I pluck up the courage) I can get all for 25 a month!

I don't know what is stopping me ... mind you I have never changed broadband ISP before.

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

We had the telephone and broadband off Telewest, came to 64 a month. We had to get the BT line put back on for the Sky Broadband, that cost 20. At first we were gonna get Sky Talk but they said it would be cheaper for us to stick with BT, so just getting Broadband off em. Not sure cos the wife ordered it but i think the BT phone is about 20 a month.

Exchange:
      Thanks

I am thinking of getting sky tv (2 mix - which I have already) sky talk anytime, and broadband mid package which comes to 25 a month, the only bt bill will be line rental. I want talk anytime because I am home all day, with talk anytime you can make calls any time day or night - the only extra charges are if you ring 0870, mobile numbers etc.

So you are paying 20 for sky broadband and 20 BT phone?! What about your tv?

Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

No, just pay 5 a month for Sky Broadband and 20 for the BT phone a month. We have Sky+ and Sky digital in another room, they cost 47 a month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast