Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

ok problem

This is a discussion on ok problem within the General chat forums, part of the Community channel category; hi all a problem with my sony laptop the power adaptor socket in lappie has gone oval[ie the small round ...

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

ok problem

hi all
      a problem with my sony laptop the power adaptor socket in lappie has gone oval[ie the small round hole is now a small oval hole where my power lead plugs in ]this results in battery icon flashing through bat-charging -ac power]and battery not getting full charge ,can i replace this myself or is it a pc repairer job
      and if anyone has done something similar how easy is it [xmas money is now very tight and if its easy i'll give it a go but i dont want to blow my lappie up[am reasonably good with a solder iron it's the tearing a lap apart i aint confident about

2. Advertisement
      LNB
      LNB is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Padgate LVPAD
      Broadband ISP: Connect at 5 per month
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      You have already realised this is not an easy task. You will need to strip off the casing to reveal the motherboard, in particular the area where the mains socket is. You must also be extremely cautious when soldering on multilayer circuit boards that you don't melt any of the circuit runs. The best way to bodge this is to obtain a trailing power jack (same size as charger plug), and solder onto a short fly lead, then sokder this to the solder points of the PCB jack (get polarity right) and leave trailing outside laptop by an inch or two.
      Service recovery 02392 899292

You got 3 right!
      D'oh! Not good, dude.

dtr44 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: halfway wshal
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

yeah thought it maybe tricky ,will try the solder joint ino hole [can i just split my existing adaptor and solder it in situ with an easy pull joint on other end ]